Who should attend
- Government Relations Managers
- Corporate Affairs Managers
- Communications Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Public Relations Advisers, Managers
- Heads of NGO's and their government facing officers
About the course
Many organisations, businesses and not-for-profits are facing challenges relating with multi-level governments in an emerging democracy such as Nigeria's. More so, given the relative lack of experience in constitutional government, continuity in policies and personnel. There are new legal requirements that now have to be followed, and ethical challenges in influencing and lobbying government. Government relations managers require a strategic approach to understanding the new environment and techniques for effective proactive management of government relations and communication strategies in an ethical and professional manner.
This seminar is relevant to all who manage government relations regardless of their business sector and affords them an opportunity for cross functional learning and networking.
- Understanding the social and political environment of business
- Introduction to strategic government relations management
- Developing relationship management functions
- Reputation management
- Integrated communications strategies
- Public consultation processes
- Implementing an effective issues management programme
- Policy advocacy
- Legislative & Regulatory relations
- Tactical public and media relations
- Crisis management
- The ethical challenge - creating a plan of action
Key Learning Outcomes / Takeaways
- Developing relationship management and reputation management skills
- Understanding and implementing strategic government relations management and communication planning
- Understanding the changes in the legal environment
- Developing a consultation, lobbying and issues management plan with a media communications component
- Understanding, planning and managing legislative relations
- Effective management of ethical and reputation conflicts
- Developing and implementing a crisis management plan
Olawale Ajai is a professor of legal, social and political environment of business. He is the Director of Research, an author and co-author of several books and many learned articles. He has also drafted federal and state legislations. He benefited from business, community and inter-personal neg...
A consummate public relations practitioner, Yomi is a History graduate of the University of Benin. He started his career in marketing communications in 1988 with CT & A, a Lagos based advertising agency and became a Director in 1991. He has acquired extensive experience in the areas of Mar...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.