Who should attend
This course is designed for performance auditors, accountants, and those performing in internal control or financial oversight roles who want to better prepare for audits of programs and processes in the Department of Defense (DOD).
About the course
Performance auditors conduct complex audits, provide recommendations to improve processes, and support decision-making through data analysis. It is critical for both auditors and auditees to gain insight into how effective performance audits are performed with such varied responsibilities. You will learn to develop an audit-focused mentality when establishing a new program and planning for audits after an overview of auditing basics. You will also use analytical techniques to meet organizational expectations and respond to challenges in the Federal environment.
- Examine the value of a performance audit to a government program
- Determine the appropriate analytical technique needed to conduct a performance audit
- Use data analysis techniques to answer recommendations made by the auditing team
- Evaluate how business process review and reorganization, as well as balanced scorecards with specific Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), track program performance and measure improvement
- Create the framework for an audit and ongoing maintenance of a program within an organization
Understanding the Value of a Performance Audit
- Audit Relevance and Importance
- Types of Performance Audits
- How Organizations Use Performance Audits
- Audit Planning
- Audit Methodology
- Audit Reporting: Findings and Recommendations
Data Analysis for Audit Recommendations
- Corrective Action Planning
- Lessons Learned
Evaluation and Control
- Business Process Review
- Scorecards and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Course Capstone: Audit Application
- Review an Audit Report
- Audit a Program
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.