Who should attend
Recipient and subrecipient personnel responsible for grant project administration and decision making as well as staff charged with developing and implementing institutional policies and procedures will benefit from this course.
About the course
You receive a Federal grant; what are the next steps? You need to manage the grant for both compliance and results. Develop a working understanding of issues that affect day-to-day operations and Federal grant management through a series of exercises and discussions. You will cover topics such as site visits to managing costshare contributions throughout the period of performance. This is a core course in the Pass-Through and Recipient Tracks of the GMCP™.
- Explore the significance, applicability, and structure of the Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200) for assistance awards
- Identify the impact of award terms and conditions
- Effectively manage a grant project's stakeholders, scope, schedule, and cost
- Report on financial and programmatic progress
- Use self-evaluation effectively and interact appropriately with monitoring entities
- Prepare for grant closeout
Award Lifecycle Overview
- Award Overview
- Grants Legal Authorities
- The Federal Award Document
Assistance Award Project Management
- Project Management Basics
- Scope, Schedule, and Cost
- Module Capstone: Balance Competing Demands
- Reporting on Project Performance
- Reporting on Financial Status
- Administrative Issues
- How Agencies Monitor Recipients and Enforce Compliance
- Monitoring Your Organization
- Undergoing Site Visits and Audits
End of and Beyond the Award
- After Closeout
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.