About the course
This class teaches you how to manage your firm’s relationship with external stakeholders, explore environmental and human rights and governance issues, and analyze the effect of politics and culture on the industry.
Examine the management of ethical, legal, political and cultural risks (and opportunities) associated with developing energy projects in emerging markets, including upstream and downstream oil and gas investments. This class focuses on companies’ social responsibility efforts, the management of relationships with external stakeholders, and how politics, culture, and law structure companies’ relationships with governments and other stakeholders in emerging markets.
Examine the economics, strategy, business valuation, and finance specific to the energy industry, offering you a focused look at your field.
One-Day Focused Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Our Energy classes are held in Houston, the energy capital of the world.
- Learn how to manage your firm’s relationship with external stakeholders, governmental and nongovernmental
- Explore important social responsibility issues in the oil and gas industry, including environment, human rights and governance
- Examine how law, politics and culture structure relationships with stakeholders
- Explore the law and politics of the siting process, including environmental permitting
- Corporate social responsibility and stakeholder relationships
- Environmental issues and stakeholders
- Human rights and stakeholders
- Government stakeholders
I have been teaching, coaching, and leading in nonprofit, legal, and academic settings for over 20 years. Equally obsessed with pop culture and coaching others to lead with their strengths, I find creative ways to integrate service, experiential learning and pop culture into my teaching. I teach ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.