Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Do you spend a lot of time going from agency to agency and website to website trying to find all environmental regulations that apply to your company? Take the guesswork out of learning what resources are available to help you decipher constantly changing regulations, and save time and money while you're at it. In this course, you will learn what steps you need to take to apply Environmental Protection Agency's regulations to your facility. You will use case studies and networking to see how other companies are handling environmental issues so that you can better protect your workplace and the environment from hazards.
What You Will Learn
- Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Universal Waste Emergency Planning
- Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)
- Hazardous chemical storage
- Industrial Stormwater Permitting and Pollution Prevention Plan (SWP3)
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
- Underground and aboveground storage tanks
- Hazardous materials transportation
- Environmental management systems
- Material safety data sheets
How You Will Benefit
- Understand and apply the requirements of environmental laws, regulations, and permits.
- Stay up-to-date on recently changed regulations and proposed changes.
- INDUSTRIAL WASTE H2O
- HAZARDOUS WASTE – RESOURCE CONSERVATION AND RECOVERY ACT (RCRA)
- STORM WATER PERMITTING AND POLLUTION PREVENTION PLANS
- LEGAL ISSUES
- MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEETS (MSDS)
- NETWORKING EXERCISE
- STORAGE TANKS (UST/AST)
- SPILL PREVENTION CONTROL AND COUNTERMEASURES (SPCC) PLANS AND EXERCISE
- HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TRANSPORTATION/DOT
- AIR PERMITTING
- SIR EXERCISE
- HAZARDOUS CHEMICAL STORAGE/RMP/CFATS
- ISO 14000
- ELECTRONIC WASTE
- EPCRA AND EXERCISE
Who should attend
This course is designed for site safety managers, research technicians, project managers, safety and health specialists, or manufacturing managers wanting to apply environmental regulations to their facilities.
Trust the experts
Paige Rohrig currently works as a Safety Professional with Georgia Institute of Technology's Safety and Health Consultation program. Responsibilities under this program include providing safety and health assistance and training to small businesses in Georgia. She also helps deliver courses as pa...