Who should attend
- In-house counsel,
- Heads of legal departments;
- Risk compliance managers,
- Senior corporate counsel and advisers
- Company secretaries
About the course
Legal risk is now an integral part of the boardroom agenda, regardless of the size of the organisation. This provides a new challenge for in-house lawyers, who can play a crucial role in ensuring that a risk-aware culture prevails across the organisation. Therefore, any successful risk management programme must start within the management and its operations. This 3-week seminar will provide the guidance and information required to put in place preventive measures which will minimise your company’s exposure to risk and protect your in-house clients.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
- How to design, install and implement a compliance management framework or your organization
- How to improve your organizations legal compliances
- How to deal with the risk of corporate criminal liability in your organization
- How to install an effective system of legal audit
- How to reduce legal costs and risk of damages
- How to assist the Board to institute formal structures to review and manage legal risk
- How to distinguish between governance, compliance, risk management and ethics
- How to ensure that a risk-aware culture prevails in your organization
- Legal Framework of Compliance Law and Management
- Corporate Criminal liability, Risk Management and Compliance
- Compliance System, the Manager’s Role and Skill Set
- Assessing Legal Risks
- Employee Risks and Reputational Damage
- Managing Legal Privilege, Privacy and Information Security Risks
- Corporate Governance, Ethics and Risk Management
- Managing Legal Compliance, Dispute Resolution and Legal Costs
- Managing Environmental, Health and Safety Risks
- Coordination, Communication and Reporting: Horizontal, Vertical and Regulatory issues
- Compliance, Regulatory Risks and the Regulators Duties
- Establishing a Compliance and Risk Management Culture
- Outlook and Global Perspectives
He has a PhD in Law and Economics of Banking Regulation, MSc in Economics and Post-graduate Diploma in Development Economics from University of Manchester, UK. In addition, he also has MSc in Comparative Political Economy from Cardiff University, UK and BSc in Sociology from the University of Lag...
Olawale Ajai is a professor of legal, social and political environment of business. He is the Director of Research, an author and co-author of several books and many learned articles. He has also drafted federal and state legislations. He benefited from business, community and inter-personal neg...
Ms Jagun is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators. A dual-qualified Barrister and Solicitor (Nigeria and the United Kingdom). She currently holds the role of Chief Compliance Officer and Company Secretary at Oando Plc, having joined the Company in September 2011...
Videos and materials
Read more about Cybersecurity
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.