Who should attend
The course is designed for decision makers within the procurement and project management functions, as well as decision makers from other professions. It aims to facilitate a more 'eclectic understanding' of procurement/project-related issues, thus challenging existing behaviour, thinking and practices.
About the course
This course offers cutting-edge thinking and research to support practitioners dealing with the dilemmas generated by complex procurement arrangements and projects (e.g. platforms, systems, infrastructure and PPPs). It addresses the dilemmas and challenges inherent in circumstances where organisations and individuals need to manage high levels of complexity stemming from the performance outcomes being procured and/or managed.
It examines overlapping time pressures and the unique challenges of managing stakeholder networks.
The course seeks to challenge existing behaviour and provides tools, frameworks and skills development to master these dilemmas.
What does the course cover?
The course curriculum features a unique and carefully designed blend of content related to complex procurement/project challenges. Peer-to-peer feedback and learning will be used throughout the course to promote self-reflection and critical assessment. Throughout the course, an emphasis is placed on "learning by doing" through case studies, action learning, exercises and experimentation.
How will I benefit?
The course will support you in understanding, critically analysing and managing MCPP challenges. You will have plenty of opportunities to develop and hone appropriate strategic skills and engage in a reflective process about the reality of the challenges you are facing as an individual and as an organisation.
Throughout the course you will:
- engage in networking opportunities and group discussions
- explore, analyse and implement decision-making structures, tools, frameworks and concepts based on 'real world' MCPP examples across industries/sectors from around the world
- share best/good practice through case studies, experience, exercises, tools, concepts and frameworks
How will my organisation benefit?
Your organisation will benefit by having employees who can:
- understand, critically analyse and manage MCPP dilemmas and gain a more eclectic view on MCPP
- develop an appropriate strategic skillset to deal with different MCPP dilemmas by critically reflecting on and applying established and leading-edge concepts, tools, frameworks, 'good practice' cases and research findings.
More specifically, organisations will benefit by their employees' ability to:
- Strategically shape and manage the contracting process
- Explore and critically assess MCPP business models
- Evaluate and manage strategic risks and crisis situations
- Identify and nurture stakeholder relationships to drive performance
- Build, capture and disseminate MCPP knowledge
Personal profile Research interests My individual and collaborative research activities have emphasised a research focus on long-term inter-organisational relationship management across public and private organisations. Within this agenda, significant strands of research explore: (i) the int...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.