Who should attend
Senior managers from all functional areas involved in strategic decision-making.
About the course
Every day as a manager, you’re asked to make choices. Some bigger and more public than others, but they all add up. Over time it is your decision-making track record that establishes your reputation and impacts the future of your organization.
Is decision-making an art or a science? The truth is, it’s both. This 1-day program will demonstrate how to blend intuition and analytics in order to select the best next move.
You’ll leave with a practical framework, designed to help you avoid common biases to arrive at and implement decisions that are both effective and ethical.
Dynamic remote learning
Participate in the program from anywhere. Our remote learning platform combines live, interactive video instruction with breakout sessions, panel discussions, and expert Q&A.
In this program you will learn to:
- Utilize different prescriptions for positive decision-making practices in the future based on learnings from other successful managers and business leaders' decision-making
- Discuss and build a framework for both strategic and tactical problem-solving – an asset for any managers faced with making important decisions about their businesses
- Understand the impact of your decisions across the organization
- Avoid common biases to arrive at and implement decisions that are both effective and ethical
- Blend the art and science of decision-making into a practical process
- Increased responsiveness to internal and external customer needs
- Avoid decision-making traps and resolve decision-making bottlenecks
- Make effective decisions in uncertain and risky environments
- Ensure that decisions are made at the right level in the organization
- Improved productivity through better teamwork, communication and coordination
- Better use and allocation of limited resources
Associate Dean and Executive Director of Smith School of Business - Executive Education & Adjunct Associate Professor Salman Mufti is Associate Dean and Executive Director of Smith School of Business - Executive Education. He is also Associate Professor of Management Information Systems at...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.