Most managers are promoted on the basis of expertise and good personal performance. What happens next is a mix of luck, adaptability and support of fellow managers.
This course uses relevant theory, research and participant’s own experiences to explore the modern role of management.
- The impact of attitudes and the need to be confident
- The need for practical and ongoing learning for managers and staff
- The reality of habits – good and bad
- Being a female manager
- Being younger or less experienced than your staff
- The critical role communication plays in effective management
- The reality of power and its positive use as a manager
- The concept of accountability and its role in effective management
- The practicalities of motivation and application for manager
*Improved organisation * Assess and understand the skills and knowledge requirements for your staff to perform their roles, develop appropriate job descriptions, implement and manage the accountability processes as well as the assignment or delegation of tasks.
Improved control Monitoring inputs and outputs, provision of timely feedback, corrective action with continuous encouragement of staff in performing to the agreed standards.
*Action plan *
Intermeshed within this course there will be opportunities to identify instances where you could improve your management capability, through planning, organising and controlling its implementation.
- Gain greater confidence in your role as manager
- Develop a more consistent and focused management practice
- Be more proactive in working with their staff to achieve results
- Develop a team accountability culture
- Apply their insights to become more successful as managers
Your organisation will:
- Gain ongoing proactive development of management capability
- Receive encouragement of a positive accountability culture
- Achieve growth of a dedicated, competent and focused work force
Who should attend
- Team members who are planning to get into management
- Those who are new to management and who need development in their role
- Those who need refresher in the capabilities of management