Who should attend
- Team members who are planning to get into management
- Those who are new to management and who need development in their role
- Those who need refresher in the capabilities of management
About the course
Become a more confident and successful manager to achieve results
People are often promoted into management roles on the basis of technical expertise and good personal performance. Their success in these roles relies on their adaptability, confidence and the ability to draw on core management skills.
Our Management Fundamentals course uses relevant theory, research and the participants’ own experiences to explore the modern role of management and hone in on some of the key competencies that will contribute to their effectiveness as a manager.
- Emotional intelligence
- Coaching and motivating staff
- Building teams
- The critical role communication plays in effective management
- The use of influencing tactics
- Performance management
- Managing change
- Gain greater confidence in your role as a manager
- Develop a more consistent and focused management practice
- Be more proactive in working with staff to achieve results
- Develop a culture of team accountability
- Apply insights to become a more effective manager
Your organisation, in turn, will benefit from your increased confidence and focus on developing effective management practices, building a solid team culture and your commitment to continuous improvement to increase organisational performance.
Jolyon Allen worked as a clinical psychologist and supervisor before spending ten years as Associate Director with KPMG Consulting (Organisation Development) followed by management consulting contracting. He currently consults to New Zealand companies in continuous improvement practices and staff...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.