Who should attend
- Technology and innovation professionals moving into managerial roles
- Managers at all stages of product realisation, from R&D to customer support
- Technologists, strategic planners and consultants
- Participants interested in the IfM approach to teaching management
About the course
Developing new technologies, products, services and processes is vital to profitable and sustainable growth for manufacturers and other technology-intensive organisations.
Our three-day course gives an extensive overview of the essential tools needed to manage this process successfully, drawing on time-tested, evidence-based approaches from Institute for Manufacturing (IfM) experts.
Taught in Cambridge, the course offers the opportunity to learn directly from leading researchers and to link to the national and international network at the IfM.
It includes a stimulating mix of taught modules, discussion, cases and practical activities with other course participants, opening up cross-industry perspectives on shared management challenges.
The course covers key concepts in technology and innovation management, frameworks for analysing the impact of change at the technology, industry and market levels, and strategies for keeping on top of the latest technology developments and trends.
We explore ways of managing disruptive innovation, strategic technology and intellectual property, as well as outlining how our unique roadmapping tool developed at the IfM can be applied in a workshop environment.
Other topics include techniques for managing organisational partnerships and an approach to evaluating innovation opportunities and technology-based projects.
Plus, our new product introduction simulation provides hands-on experience of designing, developing and marketing products in multifunctional teams.
In today’s competitive environment, companies need to ensure that R&D activities turn into successful products, processes and services which deliver significant value. The IfM’s established technology and innovation management approaches can help you to see this through to success.
Learn how to:
- Integrate technological considerations into business strategy and long-range planning processes
- Understand and communicate the value of technology investments
- Manage new product development and introduction processes
- Use appropriate, process-based technology management approaches
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.