Manage Risk Through Effective Enterprise Risk Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Management Concepts.Full disclaimer.
About the course
OMB Circular A-123 requires Federal agencies to implement Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). ERM allows an agency to address risks by conveying their impact across a strategically-aligned portfolio. This leads to the accurate prioritization of challenges to support effective use of resources and the achievement of the mission. You will understand the relationship between internal control and ERM.
- Explain the governing authorities that relate to internal controls and how they apply to the overall internal control process
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and assess risks
- Explain OMB's Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) guidelines for managing an effective ERM program, including how to develop risk profiles
- Use the appropriate internal control test methods during an internal control review (ICR)
Legal Requirements and the Internal Control Process
- The Internal Control Requirements of the Integrity Act
- Guidance for Federal Managers
- The Internal Control Standards
Risk in the Federal Government
- Understanding Risk
- Assessing Risks
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Understanding Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Main Elements of an Enterprise Risk Management Program
The Internal Control Review (ICR)
- Understanding Internal Control Reviews
- The Major Steps in an ICR
Who should attend
This course is designed for program and project managers, supervisors, and staff in all disciplines and at all levels, including internal review staff.