Who should attend
- Project managers
- Rising supervisors and executives leading organizational change
- Directors moving up to lead divisions or large-scale organizations
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
About the course
A program to help you understand strategic management, competitive advantage, and managerial decision-making.
Through this highly interactive course, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the fundamental concepts in strategy, including the determinants of competitive advantage as well as processes for making more rational decisions.
What You Will Learn
You'll learn ideas and techniques you can apply right away, including:
- Elements of strategy and sources of competitive advantage
- Costs and benefits of corporate diversification
- Details of rational decision making, including the role of data, experimentation and evidence to support decisions
- How biases influence decision making
- Ways to make decisions in interdependent situations (applying insights from game theory)
Research Interests/Areas of Expertise Strategic management; entrepreneurship; managerial economics Subject Areas Strategy and Business Economics Biography The winner of multiple teaching awards at Owen, Brian McCann is an authority in the field of strategic management. Awards & Accomplishment...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.