Who should attend
This program is particularly suited for Executives who want to understand what machine learning is, and how it could apply to your organisation.
The program is not suitable for technical experts.
About the course
Machine Learning is disrupting industry. From financial services to medical devices to legal services, machine learning technology is changing the way businesses operate.
Aimed at executives and professionals wanting to understand machine learning and its applications, this course will take you through the fundamental stages of a machine learning project, from conceptualisation to development to evaluation.
Seeing the evolution of a complete machine learning project will give you a unique perspective, allowing you to engage with key concepts, and understand where machine learning could apply in your organisation.
The course will equip you with the knowledge you need to prepare your organisation for machine learning technology.
What will you learn?
- Articulate why machine learning techniques have been able to disrupt numerous industries
- Describe the fundamental phases of a machine learning project
- Recall the historical development of machine learning technology
- List example problems that machine learning can solve
- Distinguish between regression and classification problems
- Distinguish between supervised and unsupervised machine learning
- Identify aspects of your work that can benefit from machine learning
- Organise a machine learning project using an AI canvas
- List the stakeholders that are involved in the execution of a machine learning project
- Formulate data governance processes which establish the necessary foundations for a machine learning project
- Differentiate between various data types
- Assess the performance of a machine learning solution
Education The University of Adelaide Australia PhD Computer Science The University of KwaZulu-Natal South Africa MSc Computer Science (Cum Laude) The University of KwaZulu-Natal South Africa Bachelor of Science Honours Computer Science (Summa Cum Laude) Research Interests Multip...
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.