Who should attend
This program is particularly suited for leaders and managers who want to understand what machine learning is, and how it could apply to your business.
The program is not suitable for technical experts.
About the course
Machine Learning is disrupting industry. From financial services to medical devices to legal services, machine learning technology is changing the way businesses operate.
- Understand basic concepts of machine learning, and classic learning paradigms such as: Supervised Learning, and Unsupervised Learning.
- Understand basic principles and theory of machine learning and their main applications in a business perspective.
- Have the ability to visualize business problems and identify possible machine learning use cases.
- Have the ability to identify potential employees and groups that can provide a positive collaboration, and bring.
What is covered in the course?
- Articulate why machine learning techniques have been able to disrupt numerous industries.
- Describe the fundamental phases of a machine learning project.
- Recall the historical development of machine learning technology.
- List example problems that machine learning can solve.
- Distinguish between regression and classification problems.
- Distinguish between supervised and unsupervised machine learning.
- Identify aspects of your work that can benefit from machine learning.
- Organise a machine learning project using an AI canvas.
- List the stakeholders that are involved in the execution of a machine learning project.
- Formulate data governance processes which establish the necessary foundations for a machine learning project.
- Differentiate between various data types.
- Assess the performance of a machine learning solution.
How will I benefit?
In this practical workshop, you will gain a working knowledge of machine learning and how it could apply to your business. You will learn what machine learning is, what data is required that will equip you with the relevant knowledge to discover opportunities and drive efficiency in your business.
How will my organisation benefit?
Your organisation will gain an individual with an understanding of artificial intelligence and machine learning and how it being applied to business and if it could be applied to your business and context.
I am currently a Post-Doc Fellow at the Australian Institute for Machine Learning (AIML). Recently, I have been developing application on Generalised Zero-Shot Learning (GZSL), Explainable Artificial Intelligence and Visual Question Answering (VQA). I completed my PhD studies at The University o...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.