Who should attend
This course is perfect for anyone looking to make the first step and as a lingerie and swimwear designer, or who wants to learn more about this exciting branch of the fashion industry, whilst creating their own unique designs.
About the course
This course covers the design processes of lingerie and swimwear enabling you to design your own capsule collection. You will also gain valuable insights into the lingerie and swimwear industry, giving you a thorough understanding of the product cycle from concept design to manufacture and route to market.
You'll focus on research development, customer profiling, establishing a market position, concept development and exploring design details, creating a wishlist of fabrics/components for your design.
This course also includes trend forecasting and colour palette development to drive your collection build, with drawing tips and range planning. You will be working both independently and in groups, with regular group feedback.
Please note that this is a design based course and does not include any garment construction work or pattern cutting.
By the end of the course you should have:
- Used professional, structured techniques to research ideas
- Gained an understanding of your competitors and their marketing techniques
- Identified your target customer and their needs
- Used templates and illustration blocks to create your own designs
- Presented your flat drawings in a style summary sheet
- Become confident with the technical terminology relating to lingerie and swimwear design
- Created a collection of your own designs that can contribute to a portfolio or be taken to a manufacturer
- Presented your finished collection to the group
- Received personal feedback from your tutor, an industry expert
- Trend boards (colour pallet, product shape, product detail, fabrics/prints, design theme)
- Shop report (competitor analysis to help with your range planning)
- Marketing guide (how do your competitors market their designs?)
- Customer profile (what type of customer are you designing for?)
- Illustration guide (where to start, what materials to use)
- Finishing and terminology (understanding different types of finishing to build into your sketches)
- Collection build (designing your capsule collection)
- Understand next steps (route to manufacture, designer checklists, final e-presentation)
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Nichole is a serial entrepreneur, having owned businesses in the Bodywear space for over a decade now. She owns a group of businesses - from a Lingerie brand to a London design house and a digital design customisation platform. Founder of Product Development Lab, “London Contour Experts - “I set...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.