Legal Framework and General Overview
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Frankfurt School of Finance & Management.Full disclaimer.
- Get an understanding of the legal background and relevant competent authorities involved in banking supervision in the European Union
- Develop technical skills which allow you to calculate the own funds of banks and prepare the respective reporting forms
- Overview of the COREP and FINREP reporting systems
- Overview of other notification and reporting systems
- Own Capital
- Bank regulatory consolidation
Interactive lecture, practical exercises, case studies
Who should attend
Professionals, who work in the field of reporting, risk management, credit and bank management and experts who are in charge of internal auditing and financial accounting
German Banking Regulation
Non-Europeans that need a comprehensive and concise overview on European banking regulation. Typically, these are key personal from Risk, Internal audit, Finance, Regulatory reporting, consultants, central bankers. This also includes senior management that has been seconded from the non-European headquarter of a banking group to its EU-branch/subsidiary.
Europeans that have lost track during the last 10 years of the numerouses regulatory initiatives and that need a quick refresh how regulation is organised now.
Introduction and Seminar Objectives
- European Banking Passport
The new European Banking Regulation
- Why do regulators regulate banks?
- Structure (Supervisors, Regulators, CRR, CRD, MaRisk)
- Who is the European regulator/SSM-structure?
- 3 Pillar approach
- European vs. national provisions
- Capital ratios and their business impact
SREP – Supervisory Review and Evaluation Process
- Process overview
- 44er inspections
- Outcome: higher capital requirements
- Assessment criteria
Latest supervisory credit risk initiatives
- Review of internal models (IRBA)
- Default definition
Who should attend
Obtain a quick, but concise overview of how European regulation is organised, who are the important players and what are the most important requirements. After the seminar, attendees will be knowledgable about the current rules and upcoming important changes in regulation. Due to is compactness, the seminar is also suitable as a regulatory brush-up for executive and non-executive board members.