Lean six Sigma: Yellow Belt Training
'Six Sigma' is a well established approach that seeks to identify and eliminate defects, mistakes or failures in business processes or systems. It achieves this by focusing on those process performance characteristics that are of critical importance to customers. 'Lean' offers a set of proven concepts, tools and techniques which reduce lead times, inventories, set up times, equipment downtime, scrap, rework and other wastes, and increases the quality of a product or service. The integration of these two improvement methodologies can achieve fantastic results, far greater than the deployment of one methodology alone.
Yellow Belts are people at the grass root level in the organization, i.e. shop-floor employees or supervisory team, that play a vital role in bringing cultural change in an organization and sustaining it on a long-term basis. A Yellow Belt typically has a basic knowledge of Six Sigma, but does not lead projects on their own. The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course is for people who are going to be involved in a Six Sigma project as a team member, assisting Black Belts and Green Belts executing sponsored projects. The Yellow Belt collects data, participates in problem solving exercises and adds their personal experiences in resolving the complex problems in organizations.
- Understand the basic principles of Lean and Six Sigma and its key metrics
- Understand the Six Sigma DMAIC improvement methodology for problem solving
- Understand the Lean Six Sigma organizational infrastructure and its roles and responsibilities
- Appreciate the roles of Lean / Six Sigma tools and techniques for problem solving
- Understand the project selection methodology used within Lean / Six Sigma programme