Who should attend
This program is for people who are new to LSS and looking at process improvement methodologies for their organization. It is also for those engaged in leading, supporting or sponsoring process improvement initiatives.
About the course
Enhancing your success through operations and orocess excellence
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) has proven to be a powerful methodology to increase customer and staff satisfaction while improving the business bottom line. This workshop introduces the concepts, tools and techniques of LSS. Expand your familiarity with the DMAIC framework. Explore how LSS can be used in strategic initiatives and projects across different industries. Build hands-on skills that you can apply immediately back at work.
What you will learn
- Discover how LSS builds operation excellence
- Employ LSS to drive a culture of continuous improvement that focuses on customer-driven value
- Apply the DMAIC framework methodology to everyday business problems
- Enable data-driven decisions through the right application of tools and statistics
- Improve collaboration with stakeholders
- Expand your career by exploring possibilities within the process excellence space
- Lean and Six Sigma Overview: Identification of Waste, Value and Variation Definition, Lean Principles (Value-Stream and Flow, Just-in-Time, Pull vs. Push)
- DMAIC Framework
- Define: Problem and Goal Statement, Success Measures, Voice of the Customer, Process Mapping and SIPOC
- Measure: Control Charting, Process Stability, Shift and Variation, Data Collection, Measurement System Analysis and Gage R&R
- Analyze: Descriptive Statistics and Capability Analysis, Root-cause Analysis, Charting (Pareto, Box Plot, Histogram), Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Problem-Solving Techniques
- Improve: Brain-storming vs. Brain-writing Solutions, Mistake Proofing, Process Redesign, Pay-off Matrix, Implementation and Change Management Plan
- Control: Process Ownership and Transition Plan, Standard Operating Procedures, Control and Reaction, Benefit Realization
This interactive workshop provides a solid understanding of the fundamental concepts and applications of running LSS initiatives within your organization. You will engage in simulation activities to reinforce the concepts and help you put learning into practice.
Kai is a LSS Black Belt with more than 12 years of experience in leading large-scale process improvement programs. As a provider of LSS mentorship, training and business collaboration, he is known to be a continuous change agent for encompassing customer-centric thinking into the everyday culture...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.