Lean six Sigma Overview
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Fisher College of Business.Full disclaimer.
This popular course will provide you with a broad understanding of the Lean Six Sigma improvement methodology, concepts, and language. While we do not offer a Lean Six Sigma White Belt, this introductory course represents the equivalent in terms of what you need to know. The course provides an overview of the DMAIC process improvement cycle using case studies and examples drawn from Service, Business Process, and Manufacturing applications.
- Case studies and examples can be customized to focus on Manufacturing (default), Healthcare, Financial Services, and Services applications. You can select your version when you register for the course.
- The course includes Microsoft Excel® templates for project planning and problem solving.
You have 60 days to complete this course.
The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business
Session 1: Lean Six Sigma Overview
- Higher Standards for Higher Performance
- Lean Six Sigma Defined
- Input Determines Output
- What's In a Name?
- The 5 Lean Principles
- The 8 Forms of Waste
- Success Stories
- The Sigma Level
- The 99.9% Problem
- Calculating the Sigma Level - Toolset
- DNA of a Champion
- Lean Six Sigma Framework
- DMAIC - The Improvement Process
- Lean and DMAIC
- Organizing for Success
- Working Relationships
- Critical Success Factors
- Skill Check
- Course Completion
- The Lean Six Sigma Journey
Who should attend
The course is targeted at executives, team members, managers, supervisors, and individuals who need to develop a general awareness of Lean and Six Sigma but aren't expected to run projects or use the tools.