Lean six Sigma Green Belt
Discover what world-class organizations such as General Electric, Motorola and Xerox already know. Six Sigma can improve your bottom line. By attending this program, you will return to your organization with a deep understanding of the Six Sigma approach, proven tools for implementing the Define/Measure/Analyze/Improve/Control (DMAIC) methodology to a project and a Green Belt Certification.
What You Will Learn
- Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) phases
- How to measure understanding processes and problems
- Process capability calculations
- How to generate, evaluate, and select solutions
- Piloting and risk analysis implementation
How You Will Benefit
- Gain an understanding of Six Sigma principles.
- Explore the DMAIC methodology in theory and practice.
- Acquire knowledge of lean tools for Six Sigma.
SIX SIGMA OVERVIEW
- Describe the DMAIC methodology.
- Create problem and goal statements.
- Appropriately scope a problem.
- Establish performance standards.
- Collect discrete and continuous data.
- Recognize patterns in the stability, shape, center, and spread of a process.
- Use value stream maps (VSM) and cause and effect diagrams to narrow the scope of a project.
- Determine the vital Xs that impact the project Y.
- Utilize lean tools, including SS and VSM.
- Describe the eight sources of waste.
- Describe how to generate, evaluate, and select solutions.
- Describe how identifying waste drives innovation.
- Utilize tools to create "wild ideas" that lead to practical solutions.
- Begin capstone case study project.
- Develop control charts.
- Apply all phases to hands-on case study.
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone interested in being a LSS Green Belt. Potential candidates can come from all industries regardless of role or title. Students do not have to be currently employed to take this course.