Georgia Tech Professional Education
Lean six Sigma Green Belt
This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Discover what world-class organizations such as General Electric, Motorola and Xerox already know. Six Sigma can improve your bottom line. By attending this program, you will return to your organization with a deep understanding of the Six Sigma approach, proven tools for implementing the Define/Measure/Analyze/Improve/Control (DMAIC) methodology to a project and a Green Belt Certification.
What You Will Learn
- Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) phases
- How to measure understanding processes and problems
- Process capability calculations
- How to generate, evaluate, and select solutions
- Piloting and risk analysis implementation
How You Will Benefit
- Gain an understanding of Six Sigma principles.
- Explore the DMAIC methodology in theory and practice.
- Acquire knowledge of lean tools for Six Sigma.
SIX SIGMA OVERVIEW
- Describe the DMAIC methodology.
- Create problem and goal statements.
- Appropriately scope a problem.
- Establish performance standards.
- Collect discrete and continuous data.
- Recognize patterns in the stability, shape, center, and spread of a process.
- Use value stream maps (VSM) and cause and effect diagrams to narrow the scope of a project.
- Determine the vital Xs that impact the project Y.
- Utilize lean tools, including SS and VSM.
- Describe the eight sources of waste.
- Describe how to generate, evaluate, and select solutions.
- Describe how identifying waste drives innovation.
- Utilize tools to create "wild ideas" that lead to practical solutions.
- Begin capstone case study project.
- Develop control charts.
- Apply all phases to hands-on case study.
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone interested in being a LSS Green Belt. Potential candidates can come from all industries regardless of role or title. Students do not have to be currently employed to take this course.
Trust the experts
Lee Campe is a proven Six Sigma deployment leader with a wide array of expertise in all facets of business. He also has extensive experience in Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), change management, metric development, Business Process Management and hypothesis testing. Prior to starting Performance ...