Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Professionals and executives of quality management from production and service companies
- Employees from all business areas and levels actively involved in quality systems and quality improvement
About the course
Our Green Belt certification is a 100% online program and focuses on the implementation of a suitable real project in the participant’s working environment. The selection and technical supervision of the project must be supported by a manager of the participant in the role of a Sponsor of the project.
Our Six-Sigma Master Black Belt Dr. Reiner Hutwelker supervises the projects methodically in individual coaching sessions and joint group meetings. Each participant will receive 16 individual coaching sessions and will participate in a minimum of 10 group sessions. The coaching covers all phases of the DMAIC, from project selection to its implementation.
Participants will apply important tools of the DMAIC cycle using the free software sigmaGuide and Minitab (trial version allowed). The participant summarizes the results of the application of these tools for each DMAIC phase in a personal Project-Story-Book. The results are evaluated in every phase by Dr. Reiner Hutwelker. With written feedback and individual coaching, errors in the application of the tools are corrected in each phase and options for their use are shown. After the positive evaluation of the results of a phase in the Project-Story-Book, the participant is in each phase obliged to also present the achieved results to his/ her Sponsor. The Sponsor has the last word in each phase and decides on further necessary corrections or the transition to the next DMAIC phase.
This concept ensures the methodologically correct and technically meaningful implementation of the project. This is important because the participant has to prove the financial benefit of the project at the end of the project. A project without implemented solutions or implemented solutions without benefit cannot be certified.
This hands-on approach, combining the theory learned and practiced during the MOOC with individual, project-oriented coaching and technical sponsoring will enable the participant to confidently and effectively start and drive further Six-Sigma projects in his or her workplace and work quickly towards a Black Belt certification.
Six-Sigma theory, methods and tools (MOOC)
Theory, methods and tool of Six Sigma via the Massive Open Online Course:
- Six Sigma: Define and Measure
- Six Sigma: Analyse, Improve, Control
- Lean Production
Project Selection, Implementation and Verification of its success
- Selection, implementation and verification of the success of a suitable Green Belt project will be supported by Six-Sigma Master Black Belt, Dr. Reiner Hutwelker
- Admission process: only possible after projects have been approved
- All steps for the selection and implementation of the project are described in the videos of the course
Support by Individual and Group Online Coaching
Each DMAIC phase of the project is supervised and supported by:
- Written feedback to the participants Project-Story-Book in each DMAIC phase
- Individual online coaching with each participant to results and next steps in each DMAIC phase
- Group online sessions for all participants at the begin and for of each DMAIC phase
- All coaching is given by Dr. Reiner Hutwelker on the basis the results in the Project-Story-Book and the underlying software tools: sigmaGuide and Minitab.
Communication and Exchange Platform
- All communication and exchange will take place via the TUM e-Learning Platform.
- Every participant will receive a TUM account.
- Upload and download of files with project results (Project-Story-Book)
- Individual online coaching and Group online sessions are
- organized in course calendar via the TUM e-Learning Platform
- held via Adobe Connect via the TUM e-Learning Platform
- Confirmation of a manager of the organization in which the project is to be implemented to review the results of each DMAIC phase and to support the implementation
- Verification of successful and Six Sigma conform implementation of the project by: Dr. Reiner Hutwelker
- Certification of TUM Lean Six Sigma Green Belt by: Technical University of Munich
- To ensure confidentiality of all project-relevant information, we ensure that all documents submitted are only accessible to our Master Black Belt. If required, we will prepare a written non-disclosure agreement for you.