Who should attend
Designed for managers and individuals who will be working with Black Belts or Green Belts and want to be proficient in the fundamental tools of Lean Six Sigma. You are not expected to be an expert in statistical tools, but need to possess a thorough understanding of how your organization operates.
About the course
This course is designed to provide a broad understanding of the Lean Six Sigma improvement methodology, concepts and language in support of Champion activities. The Champion is the key role that removes barriers to project success and ensures that project teams have the organizational support they need to be effective. This course provides an overview of the DMAIC process, a group of basic problem-solving tools used for project selection and management, and guidance on leading teams and leading change.
- Case studies and examples can be customized to focus on Manufacturing (default), Healthcare, Financial Services, and Services applications. You can select your version when you register for the course.
- The course includes Microsoft Excel® templates for project planning and problem solving.
- You have 120 days to complete this course.
The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business
Session 1: Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- Higher Standards for Higher Performance
- Input Determines Output
- Lean Six Sigma Defined
- What's In a Name?
- The 5 Lean Principles
- The 8 Forms of Waste
- Success Stories
- The Sigma Level
- The 99.9% Problem
- Calculating the Sigma Level - Toolset
- DNA of a Champion
- Lean Six Sigma Framework
- DMAIC - The Improvement Process
- Lean and DMAIC
- Thought Process Mapping - Toolset
- Organizing for Success
- Working Relationships
- Critical Success Factors
- Skill Check
Session 2: The Champion Role
- Process Thinking
- The Source of Value
- The Source of Value: Gemba
- Process Mapping (SIPOC) Toolset
- Flow Charts
- Balanced Scorecard Toolset
- Project Selection Toolset
- Project Charter Toolset
- What Makes a Good Project Manager?
- Stakeholder Analysis - RACI Matrix
- Project Planning & Tracking Toolset
- Project Tollgate Review Toolset
- Define Tollgate - Progress Review
- Measure Tollgate - Progress Review
- Analyze Tollgate - Progress Review
- Improve Tollgate - Progress Review
- Control Tollgate - Progress Review
- Skill Check
Session 3: Leading Teams
- Leadership Introduction
- Leadership Thinking
- Robot Leadership
- Fueling The Improvement Engine
- Leadership Characteristics
- Practice, Study and Reflection - Learning by Modeling
- Leading Teams
- Developing an Effective Team
- Improving Team Development
- 4 Conversations Toolset
- Leading Change
- Leading Change - Continued
- Success Factors For Effective Change Management
- Leader Standard Work Toolset
- Leadership Reflection
- Skill Check
- Course Completion
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.