Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Mid to senior-level managers who want to improve their strategic thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills and deliver results.
About the course
Lean Six Sigma is a business strategy that has received world recognition in the manufacturing, distribution, engineering, logistics, software development, retail, healthcare, and government industries. 82% of all Fortune 100 companies publicly claim to utilize its principles, with an estimated global savings of $427 billion over the last 20 years.
Organizations that have successfully transformed their culture and processes through Lean, Data Analytics, Theory of Constraints, and Scrum have created a competitive advantage by increasing their delivery speed, improving quality, and reducing costs.
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification course is the capstone in a series of the three online courses offered by the David Eccles School of Business Executive Education. Participants will learn and develop their mastery of the Lean Six Sigma (LSS) body of knowledge. Graduates will be able to lead strategic-level continuous improvement projects, analyze complex business scenarios, develop leaders in the LSS methodology, and deliver substantial results for any organization. A recent study showed certified Black Belts saving their organization over $275,000 annually, in addition to their regular responsibilities.
Becoming a Black Belt
- What is a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt?
- Continuous Improvement Projects
- Leading a Turnaround
Modeling Risk and Uncertainty
- Estimating Expected Returns
- Decision Trees
- The Newsvendor Model
Monte Carlo Simulation
- Introduction to Simulations
- The Monte Carlo Simulation
- @Risk Simulation
Design of Experiments
- Introduction to Design of Experiments
- Single Factor Experiment Design
- Full Factorial Experiment Design
- Discovering Relationships
- Applying Predictive Analytics
- Understanding Non-linearity
- Selecting a Distribution Model
- Using @Risk for Distribution Fit
- Distribution Families
- Attributes of Good Data
- Mechanisms for Measuring Results
- A Culture of Continuous Improvement
Optimizing & Modeling Simultaneous Decisions
- Using Optimization
- Developing Nonlinear Models
- Creating Non-continuous Models That Work
- Save $50k to $200k annually from the Black Belt project
- Become the standard of excellence in your industry
- Create a culture of critical analytical thinking
- Increase the speed of delivery, improve quality, and reduce costs
- Identify, measure, and improve customer satisfaction
- Maximize productivity and optimize workflows
- Develop leadership bias for action
- Instill a mindset of continuous improvement
- Learn how to solve complex operational problems
- Harness data analytics to your advantage
- Improve decision-making skills and deliver results
- Develop strategic thinking
- Lead cross-functional project
- Reduce organizational costs
- Earn a world-renown certification
Education: MBA, Strategic Operations, 3.7 GPA @ University of Utah - David Eccles School of Business Dynamic Organizational Leader with over 10 years of experience in managing and motivating diverse staff populations with varied backgrounds, cultures and nationalities. Experienced in Lean Opera...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.