Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
The Six Sigma Black Belt Boot Camp program is an in‐depth, interactive learning experience. Our Six Sigma program is based on a case study approach so that participants apply training directly to a real‐world example. Entry into the Black Belt program requires completion of Six Sigma training to the Green Belt level, or instructor waiver.
10-Day Intensive Boot Camp
The 10-day intensive classroom format includes a total of 80 hours of training taught by an expert instructor with over 20 years of extensive leadership experience in employee and organizational development, business strategy development, product and process development, engineering management, strategic supply chain management, and product line management.
The Six Sigma Black Belt program is an in-depth, interactive learning experience that combines self-paced modules with live online sessions. Our program is based on a case study approach, so participants apply training directly to real-world examples. Our program includes a total of 80 hours of online education with 40 hours of self-paced learning and 40 hours of live instructor-led online sessions. Instructor-led sessions are conveniently scheduled during evening hours to fit easily into your busy professional schedule. You will also complete an independent project, improving a process within your own organization.
- Week 1 & 2: 15-30 hours of self-paced online modules
- Week 3 & 4: 20 hours of instructor led online class sessions
- Week 5 & 6: 15-30 hours of self-paced online modules
- Week 7 & 8: 20 hours of instructor led online class sessions
What You'll be Equipped to Accomplish
As a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, you will directly impact your organization's bottom line. A Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate from the University of South Carolina demonstrates to an employer that you are trained in advanced problem solving skills and the statistical tools needed to effectively lead process improvement projects.
Expectations of a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Implement Six Sigma philosophies and principles, including related systems and tools, and describe their impact on various organizational business processes
- Recognize organization roadblocks and use change management techniques to manage organizational change
- Define benchmarking and utilize various financial and other business performance measures
- Identify customer requirements and describe the impact that Six Sigma projects can have on various types of customers
- Demonstrate fundamental understanding of the components and techniques used in managing teams, including time management, planning and decision-making tools, team formation, and performance evaluation and reward
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements of a project charter and use various tools to track project progress
- Demonstrate basic understanding of data collection techniques, process elements, and process analysis tools
- Analyze the results of correlation and regression analyses
- Interpret multi-vari study results and interpret attributes data to find sources of variation
- Perform hypothesis testing and analyze their results
- Identify and interpret the 7 classic wastes
- Plan design of experiments and analyze their results
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of an improved process implementation and how to analyze and interpret risk studies
- Develop control plans and use various tools to maintain and sustain improvements
Thomas Dunn is a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt who has successfully led 39 company-wide Lean Six Sigma deployments and trained thousands of process improvement practitioners. Thomas is a certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt and began his career with the Danaher Corporation as a Lean sen...
Vikram Joopelli is a seasoned Process Excellence leader with twenty years of experience in the fields of Lean Six Sigma, Quality Engineering, and Project Management. He has a record of delivering quality training with superior instruction, coaching, and mentoring skills. Vikram is the Director of...
Marshall Nauck is President of MHNauck Consulting, LLC., and is a Design, Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Master Trainer, Program Manager, Performance Solutions Consultant. Marshall is an Executive Leader and Design/Lean/Six Sigma Master Black belt with extensive leadership experience in emplo...