Who should attend
The Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate program is for anyone who has:
- Completed a Six Sigma Green Belt program
- Direct communication with all levels of management
- A strong understanding of statistics
- The authority to select and initiate key strategic projects
- At least two years of experience working in operations
Common job titles of program participants include:
- Business Process Improvement Consultant
- Compliance Structural Engineer
- Warehouse Operations Manager
- Director of Operational Excellence
- Director, Performance Excellence
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Operations Manager Lean Six Sigma Consultant
- Functional Project Lead
- Senior Project Manager
- Quality Engineer
- Senior Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- Operating System Specialist Project Engineer
- Program Manager
- Business Process Manager
- Lead Analyst/Project Manager
About the course
Learn to lead projects that identify, address and correct problems using a practice that combines Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) combines Lean’s efficiency techniques with Six Sigma methodology. The structure of Six Sigma, when used with the waste reduction of Lean, enables an organization to immediately improve its cash flow, enhance customer service and systematically improve processes that impact the customer.
The University of St. Thomas’ Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification program builds on the knowledge gained in previous Six Sigma certification classes and focuses on gaining in-depth understanding and problem-solving skills to take on the biggest challenges faced by organizations and Operations executives today, including:
- Lead large scale Six Sigma projects
- Act as a mentor to Six Sigma Yellow and Green Belts within the company
- Identify, address and correct a problem in any part of the business structure
- Develop managerial and leadership qualities
- Apply Lean concepts such as 5S, waste reduction, process, stream, and value mapping, as well as mistake proofing
- Define, scope and execute DMAIC projects
- Perform advanced statistical analyses to determine the relationship between key inputs and process outputs
Benefits of This Program
Develop your Leadership Potential A strong Black Belt needs to be a proven leader of the team. Learn communication, managerial and overall leadership presence to lead a team on high profile projects.
Make Data-based Decisions Perform advanced statistical analysis to determine input and output relationships. Use this data to make informed decisions on process improvement.
Drive Project Success Identify and reduce waste using a combination of lean and Six Sigma methodology to better the customer experience.
Earn a Certification By successfully completing this program you will earn a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification through the University of St. Thomas. This certification will add credibility to your experience and demonstrate your skills as a Six Sigma leader.
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training and certification program emphasizes the different program phases that keep organizations moving forward quickly and efficiently. Build upon your knowledge of Six Sigma by learning how to:
- Lead large scale projects that will satisfy customers and increase the bottom line
- Properly plan a project using the DMAIC process
- Effectively communicate stages of project to both leadership and team members
- Use advanced statistical analysis to turn data to become actionable insights
- Build implementation plan and change management practices The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt program includes in-person learning as well as online activities.
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt program includes in-person learning as well as online activities.
To receive your certification, you must complete a project within a year of the program. A Black Belt instructor will be available for consulting on this project, and will determine if your work on the project qualifies you for the certification.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.