Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended to benefit:
- Anyone in a leadership position from Supervisor to CEO
- Leaders in any industry including but not limited to manufacturing, service, and healthcare
- Anyone who wants to create a sustainable culture of continuous improvement
About the course
Use Lean Leadership to Develop a Winning Team
The best way to transform an organization is by inspiring behavioral change. Lean Leadership fosters the development of a continuous improvement culture through worker interaction, communication, and decision-making. Through an effective blend of tools, concepts, and coaching techniques, this program will enable you to improve your organization through efficient and effective leadership.
OVERVIEW OF LEAN LEADERSHIP AND ORGANIZATION AND PLANNING
Overview of Lean Leadership
- Lean versus traditional management approaches
- Elements of Lean management
- Five needs of every leader
- Introduction to standard work
Organization and Planning
- Leader Standard Work (LSW)
- Bank Game exercise
- LSW homework
COMMUNICATION AND VISUAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- The communication process
- Sending mixed messages
- Effective communication skills
- Barriers to communication
- Effective meeting skills
Visual Management Systems
- Elements of a comprehensive Visual Management System (VMS)
- Introduction to A3
- A3 homework
- VMS homework
TRUST AND MOTIVATION; OBSERVATION
Trust & Motivation
- Respect for others
- Johari Window
- The Personal System (Attitudes, Moods, Beliefs, Competencies, Values, Goals)
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Herzberg's Job Enrichment Principles
- Principle of 'Go-See'
- Gemba Walks
- Review LSW, VMS, and A3 Homework
Providing Direction I
- Conflict response modes
- Levels of direction
- Job relations
- The Socratic Method
- Job instruction
- Handling difficult people
Providing Direction II
- Job Methods (JM), PDCA
- Introduction to Improvement Kata
- Introduction to Coaching Kata
- A3 presentation and coaching
- Learn elements of a Lean Management System (LMS) and address gaps in your current system
- Create your own Leader Standard Work
- Hone your ability to: perform gemba walks, conduct 5S audits, facilitate shift start-ups and end-of-shift activities, monitor performance, and communicate with employees
- Design a Visual Management system
- Gain the skills necessary for facilitative leadership, including: planning and organizing, communication, trust development, observation, motivation, and providing direction
- Learn how to teach and coach others using A3s, Training within Industries (TWI), and Toyota Kata"
Drew first became involved in the development and delivery of innovative Business Improvement programs while working for General Electric in the 1980s. Since leaving GE in 1990 and forming Change Management Associates, he has provided Operational Excellence consulting and organizational developme...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.