Lean Leadership for the Supply Chain Professional
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
Transforming an organization from traditional thinking to "lean thinking" requires leadership. The core focus of this course builds upon your knowledge of strategic and tactical implementation of the lean supply chain, and aims to build you into a lean leader. This is critical in order to navigate through the waters of change management required to successfully execute and sustain the lean supply chain journey. In this course, you will complete a deep dive into the main aspects of lean leadership.
What You Will Learn
- How to instill a lean culture in your work environment
- Applications of A3 thinking
- How to understand and apply quality of the source techniques
- A renewed emphasis on having a customer focus
- Approaches to enhance visual management in the workplace
How You Will Benefit
- Learn how to reduce the total cost of ownership, inventory levels, logistics, and space requirements.
- Discover how to reduce lead time.
- Gain an understanding of how to increase fill rates.
- Improve supplier performance and accountability.
- Improve customer satisfaction and customer relationships.
- Reduce overall organizational and operational waste.
PURPOSE AND VALUE ALIGNMENT
TRADITIONAL VERSUS LEAN LEADERSHIP
THE LEADER AS STUDENT AND TEACHER
PROCESS AND VALUE-STREAM THINKING
USING EFFECTIVE MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS
VISUAL MANAGEMENT ("GO SEE" MANAGEMENT)
CONVINCING PEOPLE ON LEAN THINKING AND DEALING WITH RESISTANCE
Who should attend
This course is designed for supply chain professionals, logistics professionals, material managers, production control managers, transportation managers, warehousing managers, lean leaders, and purchasing managers.