Who should attend
Managers and staff who wish to develop the skills to effectively carry out projects which improve performance across a value stream by utilizing enablers in the Lean Body of Knowledge.
About the course
Become a Certified Lean Green Belt Practitioner
Lean is a proven customer-focused management system based on continuous improvement and respect for individuals. This five-day program develops an in-depth understanding of Lean concepts and techniques for driving measurable improvements and stronger teamwork in your organization. It includes expert coaching on applied project work that may lead to Lean Green Belt certification.
Benefits for you
- Learn the tactical deployment and applications of Lean concepts and methodologies within a work group or across a value stream
- Implement Lean processes to eliminate waste, optimize operational efficiencies and drive measurable performance improvements
- Leverage Lean as a cultural enabler for leadership, teamwork and human empowerment
- Become better able to train other team members in Lean concepts and methods
- Get applied practice in conducting a small improvement project
Online program format
Each day of the program includes facilitator-led online sessions in real time, with ample breaks provided. Sessions are highly interactive, enabling you to network with peers, brainstorm ideas, engage in skill-building activities, and receive constructive feedback. You will also have access to self-directed resources (readings, videos, self-assessments etc.) that you can review at any time.
- Lean Culture
- Managing Flow
- Identifying and Eliminating Waste
- Problem Solving Tools
- Product and Process Design
- Sustaining a Lean Culture
- Transforming Lean into Operational Results
- Lean Measurements
- Simulation Exercise - you will engage in a simulated project, and present it to the group for feedback
- Exam - a multiple choice exam at the end of the program will ensure you have sufficiently understood the course material
- Certification Project - within three months of the program, you will submit an applied project chosen from your own workplace
- Coaching - two hours of certification project coaching with an expert coach
At the successful completion of the exam and certification project, you will receive a Certificate in Lean Green Belt.
Magdelene is a Director with True Hoshin Consulting Inc. Formerly she was the Director of Business Consulting at Fujitsu Canada, Director of Lean at PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Manager of Lean Transformation at Vancouver Coastal Health. A certified coach in Lean, she Experienced Director Manage...
Keith is a Director with True Hoshin Consulting Inc. He has more than 15 years of experience assisting clients in their journey of operational design, including the integration of automation and digital transformation. A certified Lean Black Belt and project management expert, he also delivers Le...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.