Who should attend
- Individuals involved in the operation and financial performance of a restaurant or food and beverage service, from line-level employees through general management.
- Individuals who are new to the food and beverage industry and need to learn more about the specifics around restaurant operations.
- Students from every continent and from a diverse range of organizations, including franchisees, managed service contractors such as stadiums or arenas, hospitals, airlines and caterers.
- Students who do not work in restaurants but need to be conversant in operations of food and beverage providers will also benefit from these courses.
About the course
Your employees are the heart of your food and beverage operation, and your most valuable resource, yet so many operators fail to focus attention on employee satisfaction and engagement.
Understanding your role in managing and leading employees can help you to reduce costly turnover, safety incidents, theft, and absenteeism, and can improve your operation’s quality, productivity, guest satisfaction, and profitability.
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Identifying the components that impact employee performance
- Determining what leadership actions are required to transform non-engaged food and beverage employees into engaged employees
- Identifying recruitment and selection strategies to ensure you choose the people who will have the most positive impact on your operation
- Identifying the onboarding and training needs that will set new employees up for success and provide growth opportunities for your employees
- Determining what environmental factors impact your employee’s performance
- Practicing motivation techniques that sustain employee engagement and performance
Alex M. Susskind is an associate professor at the School of Hotel Administration and a member of the graduate field of communication at Cornell University. He earned his PhD in communication (with cognates in organizational communication and organizational behavior) from Michigan State University...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.