About the course
Become an authentic leader who inspires others to give their best
Organizations today are looking for leaders who people perceive to be authentic. We all know an authentic leader when we see one—but what makes them so easy to follow?
This program explores the key concepts, behaviours and approaches of authentic leaders, and ways to apply them to your role as a workplace decision maker. Cultivate the mindset and skills needed to be seen as an inspiring leader. Engage people in a way that motivates them to go above and beyond.
Benefits to you
- Recognize the many verbal and non-verbal cues that make a leader authentic
- Identify the subtle leadership actions and perceptions that can trigger a negative response
- Gain insights on how you can still be you, while being perceived as more authentic
- Avoid some of the classic thought traps that many leaders fall into
- Develop a mindset and strategy for becoming a leader who people are keen to follow
- Help people succeed by linking your leadership objectives to their needs
- The sources of a great leader: thought processes that limit the thinking of most leaders, how internal thoughts lead to outside beliefs
- What makes an authentic leader: behaviours, cues and characteristics, authentic leader styles, linking authentic leadership to your target goals and audience
- Motivation: what motivates you and how does this align with your goals and actions, adapting motivations to outcomes, supporting the motivations of others so they support yours
- Viewing leadership from the outside in: seeing yourself as others do, aligning your goals to the needs of those you are leading
This program includes discussions to help you apply what you are learning to your real-life challenges. You will view examples of authentic and non-authentic leaders, and design your own personal strategy for moving towards authenticity.
Trevor is an Adjunct Professor at Sauder, where he teaches courses in human behaviour and works with indigenous leaders providing communication skills training. As a Mediator with the BC Labour Relations Board, he has many years of experience helping leaders solve complex communication problems. ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.