Leading Through Conflict
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Asper School of Business.Full disclaimer.
From delivering bad news to managing disputes between employees, managers often face a range of conflict situations and difficult conversations that can be challenging and stressful to navigate. Conflict in the workplace is a leading cause of productivity loss, discipline problems, absenteeism, harassment complaints and low morale. You'll work closely with the program moderator, using role-playing and real-world cases to learn practical skills that can be applied immediately to any organization and situation.
Through this program you will:
- Consider the key factors that turn productive disagreements over ideas into personal friction and conflict
- Understand the "fight or flight" responses that keep people from having necessary but difficult conversations
- Identify your own conflict-handling style and form plans for improving your own effectiveness
- Develop strategies for getting difficult, confrontational people to engage in real problem-solving
- Balance the two priorities of conflict management -- communicating to restore relationships, and communicating to build solutions.
- Leave feeling more confident and prepared to manage the conflicts and 'difficult conversations' you face in your own job.
Who should attend
Ideal for managers and executives who want to understand their conflict resolution style, how it complements their behavioural style want practical ways to generate win-win solutions consensus-building tools for an advanced level of application.