Who should attend
Ideal for managers and executives who want to understand their conflict resolution style, how it complements their behavioural style want practical ways to generate win-win solutions consensus-building tools for an advanced level of application.
About the course
Learn to deal effectively with difficult conversations and increase your ability to resolve workplace conflict.
Why this program?
From delivering bad news to managing disputes between employees, managers often face a range of conflict situations and difficult conversations that can be challenging and stressful to navigate.
Conflict in the workplace is a leading cause of productivity loss, discipline problems, absenteeism, harassment complaints and low morale. You'll work closely with the program instructor using role-playing and real-world cases to learn practical skills that can be applied immediately to any organization and situation.
Through this program, you will:
- Consider the key factors that turn productive disagreements over ideas into personal friction and conflict
- Understand the "fight or flight" responses that keep people from having necessary but difficult conversations
- Identify your own conflict-handling style and form plans for improving your own effectiveness
- Develop strategies for getting difficult, confrontational people to engage in real problem-solving
- Balance the two priorities of conflict management - communicating to restore relationships, and communicating to build solutions
- Leave more confident and prepared to manage the conflicts and 'difficult conversations' you face in your own job
Lukas is an assistant professor at the Asper School of Business where he teaches in the B.Comm, MBA, and Executive Education programs. His teaching has been recognized with the University of Manitoba Merit Award, The Reg Litz MBA Luminary Teaching Award, an Associates' Achievement Award and the G...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.