Who should attend
- Professionals with financial or operational responsibility for real estate, investments, or financing
- People working for (or aspiring to work for) real estate funds, REITs, real estate developers, or real estate advisory firms
- Asset management professionals
About the course
Investing in proper management of a real estate asset is investing in future profitability. Excellent maintenance and tenant management can increase property values by lowering operational costs, increasing cash flow, and generating higher rents and occupancies. In this course, you will learn leadership traits and strategies for effective facilities management, best practices in critical areas like waste removal and reducing environmental impact, and how to manage overlapping maintenance activities and make outsourcing decisions. If leasing building space is critical to your operation, this course also will prepare you to analyze your property and the market to make sound leasing decisions.
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Analyze a property to identify potential issues, differentiate between types of maintenance activities, and identify best practices for each
- Explore the environmental impacts of a building or property and ways to reduce that impact
- Analyze leasing strategies to maximize financial health of a real estate asset, and use market comparison and SWOT analyses to help make sound leasing decisions
- Weigh the pros and cons of outsourcing to make the best decision for your operation
- Identify the most critical attributes of a facilities and maintenance leader
Jeanne Varney is a lecturer at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. She resides in the property development and management department, where she is responsible for the curriculum in Hospitality Facilities Management, Hospitality Asset Management, Sustainable Development, and Introduction t...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.