Leading Successful Property Management Operations
When investing in proper management of a real estate asset you are investing in future profitability. Excellent maintenance and tenant management can increase property values by lowering operational costs, increasing cash flow, and generating higher rents and occupancies. In this course, you will learn leadership traits and strategies for effective facilities management, best practices in critical areas like waste removal and reducing environmental impact, and how to manage overlapping maintenance activities and make outsourcing decisions. If leasing building space is critical to your operation, this course also will prepare you to analyze your property and the market to make sound leasing decisions.
- Analyzing a property to identify potential issues, differentiating between types of maintenance activities, and identifying best practices for each.
- Exploring the environmental impacts of a building or property and ways to reduce that impact.
- Analyzing leasing strategies to maximize financial health of a real estate asset, and using market comparison and SWOT analyses to help make sound leasing decisions.
- Weighing the pros and cons of outsourcing to make the best decision for your operation.
- Identifying the most critical attributes of a facilities and maintenance leader.
Who should attend
This course is designed for managers and professionals across industries with financial or operational responsibility for real estate, investments, or financing; asset management professionals including asset managers and portfolio managers; professionals working for or aspiring to work for real estate funds, REITs, real estate developers, or real estate advisory firms; and professionals affiliated with the creation and use of real estate as a financial asset.