Who should attend
Senior Leaders, Mid-Level & Team Leaders, Project Managers, Directors
About the course
Develop a more strategic organization that can better identify challenges and focus efforts.
Leading Strategic Growth, a 6-week executive development program, delivers participants the ability to gain greater command of their company’s needs and the skill to identify and execute new growth opportunities in a fast-moving and competitive landscape.
The key to organizational success is to develop an enterprise capable of generating achievement-oriented strategies and adapting and improving those strategies as the environment changes. The Leading Strategic Growth action-oriented approach addresses the conditions and challenges executives face—because the true measure of a leadership development program’s effectiveness is how well the learning can be applied to solutions in the work environment.
- Understand your company’s competitive environment and current strategy
- Better understanding your company’s strategic process by applying Columbia’s four-phase planning cycle
- Identify strategic challenges and where to focus efforts
- Define key organizational priorities and current gaps within your “span of control”
- 6 week duration, 30 hours to complete requirements
- 10 hours of on-demand, HD lectures
- Professor interactions, group learning, and optional coaching sessions
- Facilitated intra-company team meetings
- Final project, which integrates weekly activities
- Optional issue forums available
Rita Gunther McGrath, a Professor at Columbia Business School, is regarded as one of the world’s top experts on strategy and innovation with particular emphasis on developing sound strategy in uncertain and volatile environments. Her ideas are widely used by leading organizations throughout the w...
Professor William Klepper joined Columbia Business School in 1996 after more than 30 years as a general manager in higher education. He is a management professor who teaches executive leadership in the EMBA program and serves as the faculty director of the partnership with the Financial Times/Out...
Willie Pietersen was raised in South Africa, and received a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford University. After practicing law, he embarked on an international business career. Over a period of twenty years he served as the CEO of multibillion-dollar businesses such as Lever Foods, Seagram USA, Tropic...
After over 25 years as a senior executive of multinational businesses, Peter is a member of the faculty at Columbia Business School in New York. His primary areas of focus and passion are Leadership of Organizational Culture, as well as, Strategic Learning as a Leadership Process, which is uniqu...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.