Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Achieve success by effectively diagnosing a decision situation, designing a clear approach, facilitating communication, and presenting compelling rationale to key stakeholders.
Complex decisions, often involving many parties in disagreement, need leaders who can guide a team to a timely, effective resolution. Decision leaders play a specific role, guiding and facilitating decision makers, decision support teams, and other stakeholders. Building on the concepts of Decision Quality and the Dialogue Decision Process (DDP), this class teaches you how to lead a group to a decision.
Strategic Decision and Risk Management
Clarify problems, explore available options, develop a structured framework, understand the impact, and commit to your choice.
Two Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Manage a group's interpersonal and organizational dynamics
- Guide dialogue among decision makers and project teams to produce a high-quality decision
- Effectively facilitate interactions at each step of the DDP
- Identify what decision-makers will need to make the best choice in a challenging situation
- Discuss types of conflict and their potential effects on reaching a quality decision
- Select the best process for handling many types of decisions
- Ensure your team is solving the right problem by how you guide them to frame and scope the issue
- Identify the obstacles – organizational, analytical, and content – to good decision making
- Lead the project team and decision board in productive dialogue and facilitate agreement and clarity of action
- Gain insight into your own strategic leadership capabilities and areas for potential improvement
PhD, Engineering-Economic Systems, Stanford University, 1999 MS, Engineering-Economic Systems, Stanford University, 1994 BS, Mechanical Engineering, New Mexico State University, 1992 Dr. Eric Bickel is Associate Professor and Director of the Graduate Program in Operations Research &am...
PhD, Engineering-Economic Systems, Stanford University, 1976 MS, Engineering-Economic Systems, Stanford University, 1971 BS, Science Engineering, Northwestern University, 1968 Dr. Bruce Judd is Partner and Managing Director at Strategic Decisions Group. He helps clients develop internal capabi...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.