Who should attend
The course is intended for individuals who have administrative responsibilities in their PSFs. Thus, the course is most valuable for chairmen, managing partners, members of executive committees, chief operating officers and executive directors, practice and office heads. Individuals who have been identified to take these responsibilities but have not yet assumed them may also find the course useful.
About the course
This course is intended for leaders of professional service firms (PSFs). professional service firms (i.e., firms in strategy consulting, investment banking, law, asset management, accounting, advertising, IT consulting, engineering consulting, architecture, etc.) present leadership challenges and opportunities that are istinct from the challenges facing leaders of commercial and industrial organizations. PSFs are becoming increasingly vital part of the world economy. But they are also facing dramatic challenges: increasing competition, demanding clients, internationalisation, and intensifying war for talent. This course is designed to help individuals with administrative positions in PSFs reflect on and improve their capability to lead their organizations effectively. Through intense case discussions on PSFs, interactive lectures, and exercises, participants will deliberate on what it takes to be an effective leader of a PSF and how they can improve their competencies.
- Strategic planning process for long-term success of PSFs
- Change management for creating a high-performance culture
- Hiring and retaining highly competent employees for knowledge-intensive organisations
- Proactive client relationships for repeat business
- Relevance of professional eco-systems for sustainable growth
- Develop strong emotional intelligence for leading self and others
- Digitisation, disruptive innovation, and entrepreneurship for growth
- Identifying and nurturing the next generation of partners. Balancing professional work against leadership responsibilities
- Align organisational vision and strategy with implementation for impact
Prof. Sharma has earned a fellowship (Ph.D) in Business Policy from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, and a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from UP Technical University. Prof. Sharma's specialization is in strategy formulation under uncertainty, innovation management, and...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.