Who should attend
The course is intended for individuals who have administrative responsibilities in their PSFs. Thus, the course is most valuable for chairmen, managing partners, members of executive committees, chief operating officers and executive directors, practice and office heads. Individuals who have been identified to take these responsibilities but have not yet assumed them may also find the course useful.
About the course
This course is intended for leaders of professional service firms (PSFs). professional service firms (i.e., firms in strategy consulting, investment banking, law, asset management, accounting, advertising, IT consulting, engineering consulting, architecture, etc.) present leadership challenges and opportunities that are istinct from the challenges facing leaders of commercial and industrial organizations. PSFs are becoming increasingly vital part of the world economy. But they are also facing dramatic challenges: increasing competition, demanding clients, internationalisation, and intensifying war for talent. This course is designed to help individuals with administrative positions in PSFs reflect on and improve their capability to lead their organizations effectively. Through intense case discussions on PSFs, interactive lectures, and exercises, participants will deliberate on what it takes to be an effective leader of a PSF and how they can improve their competencies.
- Develop a deep understanding of the strategic, operational, and leadership challenges involved in leading PSFs.
- Explore the relative strengths of various forms of PSFs, developments globally in professional services, organizational and process choices, and compensation and governance structures in PSFs.
- Learn the nuances of developing and implementing strategy, nurturing your team of professionals, ensuring the firm provides exceptional client relationship, and leading change in your professional service organisation.
The major strengths of the programme are:
- A strong cohort of participants from various professions who will share insights drawn on their experiences
- Faculty with deep research and teaching expertise related to leading PSFs
- Strong contextualisation of cases and readings
- Balancing professional work against leadership responsibilities
- Strategy, positioning, and implementation
- Managing client relationships effectively
- Organisational structure and processes
- Motivating and developing your star professionals
- Leading change
- Being effective as a leader
Prof. Sharma has earned a fellowship (Ph.D) in Business Policy from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, and a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from UP Technical University. Prof. Sharma's specialization is in strategy formulation under uncertainty, innovation management, and...
Videos and materials
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.