Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Creating and nurturing an innovative organization suited to meet the continual challenge of change is a critical leadership attribute for organizational success. This course will explore the mindset and skills necessary to be an effective leader of innovation, whether you think yourself creative or not, and provide you an opportunity to hone that mindset and skills in your organization. Through ongoing conversations with your peers, you will also discuss, identify, and prototype new solutions to existing healthcare problems.
- Identify the leadership mindset for successfully leading innovation
- Identify the key skills required to foster innovation and change
- Discuss the steps necessary to effectively manage innovation
- Create a personal innovation project to leverage course learnings
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Planner Disclosure: The planners (American Association for Physician Leadership® staff) for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Faculty Disclosure: The faculty for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® designates this enduring material for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Dr. Jack Gilbert is a noted expert in organizational and personal ethics, leadership, and large-scale change. His is a Clinical Professor in the College of Health Solutions at Arizona State University (ASU). He is also a Senior Lincoln Fellow in Applied Ethics and Adjunct Faculty in Mayo Clinic’s...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.