Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Managers and leaders who want to promote and lead an increasingly diverse workforce and client base, and promote an inclusive environment; diversity and inclusion leaders; learning and development professionals.
About the course
A diverse team with unique individual perspectives can deliver exceptional results. Having such a team calls for a leader with an arsenal of inclusive leadership practices and keen self-awareness. This course gives you deeper insights into yourself, your team, and the benefits of inclusion at all levels in your organization. Through self-assessments, case studies, and proven hands-on activities, you’ll develop competencies and get tools to create an environment fueled by engagement and innovation. In addition, you’ll learn to apply a roadmap that ensures that all are heard, recognized, and appreciated—so productivity can soar.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your people management skills & competencies and be able to:
- Recognize the issues and value of D&I at the personal, team, and organizational levels
- Become a more inclusive leader by recognizing strengths and growth opportunities for yourself and for others
- Communicate effectively and inclusively in a diverse environment
- Articulate how operating from biases impacts innovation, productivity, and engagement
- Analyze diversity and cultural competencies in the context of talent management
- Harness the power of differences to boost team performance and collaboration
- Manage disagreements, misunderstandings, and conflict
During the programme you will: * * Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries * Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work * Learn and practise your people management skills using case studies, real examples and role plays over 2 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
Leading in a Diverse and Inclusive Culture is a 2-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
- Understand the Business Case for Diversity and Inclusion
- Define Diversity and Inclusion and Describe Their Influence on Day-to-Day Interactions and Decision-Making Processes
- Recognize the Manner in Which Culture Impacts Our Behaviors, Beliefs, Perceptions, and Responses to Others
- Understand the Impact of Culture on the Way We Communicate, Build Relationships, and Lead Teams
- Demonstrate the Ability to Engage in Difficult Conversations and Manage Conflict
- Develop Cross-Cultural Competencies and Messaging Skills That Move Us to Commitment and Action
- Develop a Personal Vision to Apply Seminar Learning That Embraces Diversity and Supports an Inclusive Environment
Introduction to Diversity and Inclusion
- Establish a Common Language Through Definitions
- Understand the Business Imperative for Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Reflect on the Multidimensional, Multicultural Aspects of Individual Identity
Bridging Communication Differences
- Identify Communication Style
- Recognize Obstacles That May Hinder Communication
- Apply Listening and Empathy to Bridge Differences
- Understand and Recognize Microinequities
- Initiate a Conversation with Someone Whose Difference You May Be Uncomfortable With
Leading a Successful Multicultural Team
- Identify Strengths and Development Needs Using the Inclusive Leadership Assessment
- Master the Art of Inclusive Meetings
- Develop a Skill for Facilitating Teams’ Ability to Work Effectively Together
- Identify Your Ideal Network to Accomplish Your Goals and Advance Your Career
- Identify Leadership Challenges
Dialogue: Having Difficult Conversations
- Use a Model to Hold Difficult Conversations
- Identify Characteristics of Debate, Discussion, and Dialogue
- Practice Dialogue in Conversations
Your Vision and Plan for an Inclusive Workplace
- Review the Seminar’s Key Tools and Takeaways
- Create an Inclusive Vision for Your Workplace
- Build an Inclusive Leader Action Plan
Stephane brings to MCE more than 30 years of leadership experience in the natural resource extraction and product manufacturing industries with exposure to joint-ventures, affiliate management, large operations and projects. He covered a broad line management scope, including Managing Director an...
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.