Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Senior managers who are required to understand the impact that technology will have on strategy and future business models;
- Individuals involved in the strategy function of an organisation;
- Individuals involved in the technology and/or information function of the organisation;
- Individuals, whose companies/business units, are impacted by digital technology or disruption;
- Individuals in the marketing function of an organisation, who are impacted by digital shifts; and
- Leaders in organisations that want to build a digital strategy or respond to competitors that have embedded a digital strategy.
About the course
Design and support your organisation's technology strategy and navigate Industry 4.0.
With an experiential learning immersion and international travel that takes you to Silicon Valley, the home of many global technology companies and start-ups -- this digital leadership course is aimed at developing senior leaders who are required to use technology as a catalyst to access future business opportunities.
To ensure that organisations are equipped to navigate Industry 4.0, leaders need to be well versed in digital trends and disruptive technologies that are shifting and shaping the way organisations craft strategy and compete both locally and globally. Current technology trends such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), automation, robotics; and the Internet of Things will be a key focus area in terms of harnessing digital transformation to drive performance and productivity.
Qualifying for admission
Please submit a half page profile and submit this under the CV field on the application form. This should include a brief description of your current role and your motivation for applying for this programme. Admission is selective and is based on your current role, professional achievements and ability to contribute to group discussion and activities. No formal education qualifications are required. The admissions committee reserves the right to accept only those applicants who are likely to benefit from the programme and an interview may be necessary as part of the selection process.
How you will benefit
This programme will offer you the opportunity to:
- Review the South African business and economic landscape;
- Gain a holistic perspective of the global economy;
- Understand the potential growth opportunities & risks that come with digital disruption and transformation;
- Consider the human resource elements, particularly generational leadership, that is required in a changing market context;
- Unpack the impact of sector disintermediation;
- Understand how to become an exponential organisation;
- Connect the dots between strategy, design and technology;
- Build a network of empowered and strategic, local and global executives; and
- Improve your global commercial acumen by exposure to key business decision makers from leading organisations who will share insights into the business successes of tomorrow.
Key focus areas:
- Design thinking and innovation as tools to look beyond traditional norms, to open new revenue channels, explore new markets and engage new models of doing business;
- Breaking away from the conventional businesses and paving a path to own the future; and
- Current technology trends: Combining the power of ‘new age thinking’ and ‘new age technology’ to bring to life tomorrow’s technologies, be it Artificial Intelligence (AI), automation or robotics; Harness digital transformation to drive performance and productivity.
Tony is the CIO of Africa for American Tower Corporation. He is an IT executive and execution enablement specialist with broad experience, largely in the financial and telecommunications sector. Tony has managed many complex cross-border programmes and projects in all aspects from operations, com...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.