About the course
Have you suddenly been parachuted into managing virtual employees?
You’re by no means alone!
And while the technology is there to provide connectivity and enable work to get done, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re naturally comfortable in the role of a virtual leader with the tools and techniques necessary to keep your employees present and effective in their work.
Yet the research clearly shows that “effective leadership is the number one factor that influences success in a virtual organization.”
How virtual work gets done is different. Though you have the skills, you’re now required to use them differently and in ways that are most effective when you and your people are working at a distance.
Using the G.R.E.A.T. framework, this webinar walks you through a new approach to thinking, planning, and organizing using an array of hardware, software, apps, personal resilience and emotional intelligence. You’ll learn how to lead in a virtual environment using components of Goals, Relationships, Empowerment, Agility, and Trust to guide you to success.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply practical team processes to build a G.R.E.A.T. virtual team
- Use various communication technologies to build impactful team relationships and strategic results.
- Analyze and manage the issues that affect communication and conflict in a virtual team
What You Will Cover
This webinar will help you pivot, using the skills you already possess and adapting them successfully to a virtual environment including:
- Learning how the processes of face-to-face teaming are different for virtual teams and how to apply them effectively
- Effectively using technology to communicate
- Adjusting to the lack of visual interactions while still maintaining high-level engagement among team members.
- Doing more to establish trust amongst team members
Susan Mason has over 35 years of experience as an educator, executive coach, trainer, and instructional designer. Susan holds advanced degrees in Corporate Communication and Rhetoric and Communication. She has worked at Albany University, Tompkins-Cortland Community College, the Cornell Universit...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.