Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program benefits those in a leadership or executive role responsible for creating or implementing strategy. Prior knowledge of finance is not necessary.
About the course
It is critical for leaders to understand how business decisions impact financial results and how constraints shape business decisions. All too often, operational leaders and strategic decision-makers are siloed from their counterparts in finance. This program focuses on connecting business decisions with their financial consequences and views finance as an operational element of a successful organization. As you gain familiarity with the tools and techniques of managerial accounting, you will begin to deploy finance to empower your business decisions.
Improve your ability to:
- Consider the interaction of operational decisions, financial outcomes, and strategic imperatives.
- View the complete organizational system rather than a series of ‘silos.’
- Read and interpret financial statements as business tools.
- Deploy strategic financial management to drive systemic business efficiency.
This program is taught by the very best business faculty and experienced practitioners from top organizations who will help you tie critical new perspective, concepts, and techniques to immediate application in the workplace.
Intro to Financial Reports
- Understand the basic tenets of managerial accounting
- Read and understand corporate financial statements
- Understand the balanced scorecard as an integrated view of the business
- Developing a systems-view of your organization through financial information
- Decision making: Maximizing possibilities, minimizing risk
- Aligning business decisions, financial outcomes, and strategy
Strategic Financial Management
- Cost management through product design
- Operations Management
- Revenue management
- Money management
Online Business Simulation
- You will participate in a competitive business simulation allowing you to practice:
- Operational decision making – product design to working capital management
- Aligning operational and financial decisions with competitive strategy
- Bridging functional silos
Sajay Samuel has taught Management Accounting and related subjects to undergraduates, MBA's and Executives over assignments that included stints at Bucknell University and the University of Connecticut. In 2009, he received a Fulbright scholarship to teach and research at the American University ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.