Who should attend
This program is designed for both new and experienced leaders wishing to enhance their ability to build and lead effective teams. Interested participants are encouraged to attend individually or in teams from their organizations.
About the course
To stay relevant, teams and organizations must continuously change and adapt to their ever evolving internal and external environments. This makes it imperative leaders understand and possess the skills to effectively lead change. Furthermore, it is also important that leaders know how to shape a learning culture to facilitate continuous adaptation and improvement. Leaders who can effectively lead change gain a competitive advantage for their teams and organizations.
This 1-day program will provide the participant with the knowledge and tools to effectively plan and lead change and to shape a learning culture in their organization. Participants are encouraged to bring information (or challenge) regarding an on-going or future change effort in their teams or organizations. Participants can immediately apply the tools from this workshop to enhance change management efforts.
Leading Effective Change is the third of four open enrollment leadership programs. New programs will be introduced quarterly with completion of all four programs resulting in a Certificate in Leadership from the Allegacy Center for Leadership and Character. Interested participants are able and encouraged to participate in this individual program, or begin the series at any point to earn the certificate.
What you’ll learn:
Current and emerging leaders will receive practical, insightful guidance and actionable tools on how to:
- Visualize change within a team or organization
- Determine the type of change required
- Forecast the second and third order impacts of the proposed change
- Anticipate and manage people’s normal psychological reactions to change
- Apply various change models to plan the change effort
- Apply a process model to implement and lead effective change
- Shape a culture that values learning and improvement to facilitate change
After each course session, time will be allocated in the program schedule for participants to immediately apply the learnings in developing a personal leadership plan.
- 7:50 – 8:20 Continental Breakfast
- 8:20 – 8:30 Introductions and program overview
- 8:30 – 10:00 Session 1 – Understanding the nature of change and anticipating people’s reactions
- 10:00 – 10:15 Break
- 10:15 – 11:45 Session 2 – Applying various models for planning and leading change
- 11:45 – 12:00 Morning recap & group review
- 12:00 – 12:45 Lunch
- 12:45 – 2:30 Session 3 – Applying a process model for leading change
- 2:30 – 2:45 Break
- 2:45 – 4:00 Session 4 – Shaping a learning and adaptive culture within your team or organization
- 4:00 – 4:30 Program reflection and final questions
Course materials are included in the cost of tuition. Course materials will be distributed electronically in advance of the program start date. Participants must have a laptop or tablet computer to access course materials.
Expertise Leader and leadership development, trust, building and leading high performing teams, leading organizational change, leadership in dangerous contexts, and behavioral ethics Experience Dr. Patrick Sweeney is an experienced senior leader-practitioner and scholar whose research interests ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.