Who should attend
The programme is designed for non-technical executives, leaders and entrepreneurs who need to better understand changes in the digital landscape, the impact on business models and the disruptions to industries.
About the course
Digital technologies are profoundly transforming people, societies and the business landscape. This highly interactive programme provides company executives and entrepreneurs with the conceptual knowledge and practical tools required for the on-going digital transformations of their organisations. Learn about the business impact of digital change and formulate a digital roadmap for the future of your organisation.
Join other industry leaders to learn how digital technologies are changing the business context including:
- products, services, value chains and industry structures
- the new rules of competition and new strategic imperatives
- business models and organisation to become digital
- challenges in managing digital and legacy business models
- the transition to digital; and the role of regulation.
Benefits for you
- Learn about frameworks to help you define and build successful digital business models
- Learn about mechanisms to build a ‘winner takes all’ digital strategy
- Gain in-depth knowledge on how to develop or predict the emergence of new disruptive business models
- Get direct exposure to successful cases and senior executives that have already embraced digital change
- Develop an action plan to implement digital change in your organisation.
Benefits for your organisation
- Learn about frameworks for analysing the impact of digital change on your organisation’s competitive advantage and its sustainability
- Understand the sources of competitive advantage in the digital world and the role that digital should have in your business strategy
- Learn about mechanisms to escape from the ‘stuck in the middle’ trap – i.e. when you are not the market leader and you are not a niche player
- Understand the trade-offs and pitfalls when running at the same time digital and traditional business models.
Focus and structure
The Leading Digital Transformations programme is divided into two parts. The first covers a review of the wider psychological and socio-economic implications, including the co-evolution of technology, business and society in order to develop emergent scenarios on the impact of digital transformation. The second part focuses on the business implications of digital transformation, including basic analytical tools, value chain digital transformation, digital ecologies, product service digital convergence, digital disruptions of products and services, organising for digital innovation and new business models. Through a blend of virtual teaching, interaction over a digital environment, case studies and experiential learning delivered by a leading Bayes Professor in the field, you will create your own digital roadmap. Delegates will collaborate with digital tutors and share positive and negative experiences with peers to learn from a range of best practices.
Gianvito Lanzolla is Professor of Strategy at Cass Business School, City University London, which he joined in April 2006. He currently serves as the Head of the Faculty of Management and he is the Founder and Director of the Cass’s Digital Leadership Research Centre (DLRC). Before joining Cass B...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.