This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Digital technologies are profoundly transforming people, societies and the business landscape. This highly interactive programme provides company executives and entrepreneurs with the conceptual knowledge and practical tools required for the on-going digital transformations of their organisations. Learn about the business impact of digital change and formulate a digital roadmap for the future of your organisation.
Join other industry leaders to learn how digital technologies are changing the business context including products, services, value chains and industry structures; the new rules of competition and new strategic imperatives; business models and organisation to become digital; challenges in managing digital and legacy business models; the transition to digital; and the role of regulation.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Learn about frameworks for analysing the impact of digital change on your competitive advantage
- Understand the sources of competitive advantage in the digital world and the role that digital should have in your business strategy
- Learn about frameworks to help you define and build successful digital business models
- Gain in-depth knowledge on how to develop or predict the emergence of new business models
- Understand the pitfalls when running digital and traditional business models at the same time
- Learn about mechanisms to build a winner takes all digital strategy
- Learn about mechanisms to escape from being stuck in the middle – i.e. when your are neither a market leader nor a niche player
- Get direct exposure to successful cases and senior executives that have already embraced digital change
- Develop an action plan to implement digital change in your organisation, before it is too late
The programme is divided into two parts. The first covers a review of the wider psychological and socio-economic implications, including the co-evolution of technology, business and society in order to develop emergent scenarios on the impact of digital transformation.
The second part focuses on the business implications of digital transformations, including basic analytical tools, value chain digital transformations, digital ecologies, product service digital convergence, digital disruptions of products and services, organising for digital innovation and new business models. Through a blend of face-to-face teaching, interaction over a digital environment, case studies and experiential learning delivered by experts in the field, you will create your own digital roadmap. Delegates will collaborate with digital tutors and share positive and negative experiences with peers to learn from a range of best practices.
Who should attend
The programme is designed for non-technical executives, leaders and entrepreneurs who need to better understand changes in the digital landscape, the impact on business models and the disruptions to industries.
Trust the experts
Gianvito Lanzolla is Professor of Strategy at Cass Business School, City University London, which he joined in April 2006. He currently serves as the Head of the Faculty of Management and he is the Founder and Director of the Cass’s Digital Leadership Research Centre (DLRC). Before joining Cass B...