Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Managers at middle and senior management level in all business units who plan to digitally transform their company/business unit and would like to learn how to handle this leadership task with a view to growth and profitability.
About the course
Optimizing business through digital transformation
Digital business models drive growth and profitability, but not every digital transformation leads to success. To help you find the solutions that are adequate for your company or business unit, we have designed a program that will help you identify both the drivers of success and failure of this transformation process and respond to them accordingly.
Among other things, we will explore with you how this process affects your strategy, your operations, the work of your employees, and your customers, and how you can successfully manage these influences. You will familiarize yourself with the language of data analysts and discover how you can benefit from their expertise. You will learn which corporate culture promotes digital transformation and which inhibits it, and how to initiate change in this area by identifying the right potentials and enable employees to participate in the changes.
You will have the opportunity to discuss trends and technologies in the digital economy in detail with experts and prepare for possible innovations for your business. You will develop an implementation roadmap that will guide you on your digital way to success. You will stress test this plan with the help of both the expert faculty and your peers.
- You will learn what digitization can do for your business
- You will familiarize yourself with the language of data analysts
- You will recognize what inhibits the digital transformation process and what promotes it
- You will learn which areas are affected by this process and how you need to respond to it
- You will develop an implementation roadmap, which will be consolidated in the program through stress tests
- You will network with the faculty and your peers, who can provide you with support during your digital transformation process
- Data as the basis for new business models
- Key technologies that drive the digital transformation process
- Challenges and opportunities in digital business
- Digital disruption of business and its impact on strategy, operations, value proposition, employees, customers, and corporate culture
- Digital transformation processes as a leadership task
- Successful ways to initiate a learning organization
Day 1 – Envision it: Big picture and strategy
- Setting the right strategic focus
- Crafting your transformation path
- Governing the transformation
Day 2 – Make it happen: Leverage data and technology
- Transforming your operating model
- Working with data scientists
- Managing technology
- Creating a learning organization
Day 3 – Get people on board: Leadership and change
- Guest speaker
- Leading in an agile way
- Leading transformation efforts
- Your action plan
Day 4 – Keep up the pace: Future-proof your business
- Building a digital innovation ecosystem
- Creating an agile organization
- Connecting the dots
Stefan Wagner is an associate professor of strategy (with tenure). Stefan joined ESMT Berlin in February 2011 as an assistant professor and was the TUSIAD/TCCI Chair in European Economic Integration from 2014 to 2015. Previously he was an assistant professor in the Institute of Innovation Researc...
Jan Hagen is an associate professor at ESMT. Jan’s research and teaching focus is on leadership. He is particularly interested to understand how teams and organizations deal with errors. Apart from journal articles he published the book Confronting Mistakes – Lessons from the Aviation Industry wh...
Hannes Gurzki is a program director at ESMT Berlin and expert for the topics of branding, marketing, sales, strategy, and luxury. He is particularly interested in exploring different perspectives to advance creativity and innovation in business. His passion lies in combining insights and practic...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.