Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Designed for leaders and senior executives seeking the full perspective needed to lead in a digital world by developing their strategic understanding, organisational wisdom and innovation-based capabilities.
Senior managers looking to develop personalised, actionable plans will also benefit.
About the course
Transforming business in the digital era
Although disruption has long been a threat for some industries, the rise of digital technologies has accelerated the pace of disruption in virtually every industry, creating immense ambiguity and unease. Meanwhile, uncertainty continues to accelerate in the broader business environment as the rate at which new technologies emerge increases exponentially - all while competition becomes increasingly fierce. The dominance of established leaders has never been more under threat.
However, these changes are also creating immense opportunities, and the tools to prosper during the age of digital disruption are accessible and available. Drawing on research that uncovers the fundamentals of digital strategy, leadership and innovation, Leading Digital Transformation and Innovation provides an integrated view of leading digital transformation and innovation.
Building on three views of digital - the strategic view, the organisational view and the innovation view - Leading Digital Transformation and Innovation provides a comprehensive suite of tools to understand and lead your way through a digital transformation.
How you benefit
- Understand digital disruption drivers. Acquire a concrete view of the key strategic drivers of digital disruption in your industry
- Put the right team in place. Analyse the organisational and team capabilities needed to support digital-ready business
- Deepen your innovation capabilities. Learn the innovation capabilities to generate more insights and transform these insights into new businesses
- Leave with action plans. Develop personal, actionable plans to address the strategy, organisation, and innovation-based opportunities that you face
Leading Digital Transformation and Innovation uses video cases, cutting-edge technologies, learning by doing, and vibrant debate to illustrate the strategic, leadership, and innovation fundamentals of how established companies can adapt to digital transformation.
Strategic view: digital disruption drivers
- Explore how disruption happens, the new elements of digital strategy and how to profit from the core elements of digital strategy - platforms, ecosystems, and digital business models
- Develop a personalised strategic view of how disruption could transform your industry and how to respond
Organisational view: how to transform into an agile organisation
- Explore ideas for organisational roles and structures in companies that are coping with digital-readiness
- Learn methods for more effective teamwork in the context of disruptive, 'wild idea' innovation
- Examine what it means for organisational cultures to be digitally-ready
- Consider the implications for human social networks in a digital-ready organisation
Innovation view: how to respond to disruption through accessing tools like lean startup and design thinking
- Examine the people, process and philosophy that established companies can apply to navigate the uncertainty of a digital age
- Incorporate tools from lean startup, design thinking, agile methodologies and business model innovation to understand how to nurture the innovations that will create future growth
- Develop a personal and team action plan of how to generate new ideas and transform them into new businesses or internal solutions
Nathan Furr is an Assistant Professor of Strategy at INSEAD, where he teaches innovation and technology strategy. Nathan earned his PhD from the Stanford Technology Ventures Program at Stanford University and holds BA, MA and MBA degrees from Brigham Young University. He has held permanent or vis...
Jason Davis is an Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise at INSEAD. He is an expert on digital transformation and innovation in large enterprises and the strategies of startups in digital platform ecosystems. His research has focused on issues of collaboration and adaptatio...
Charles Galunic is a Professor of Organisational Behaviour and the Aviva Chaired Professor of Leadership and Responsibility at INSEAD. He works within the fields of organisation behaviour and strategy. His research explores the social fabric of innovation and change, and at multiple levels. At th...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.