Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
It's no secret that a strong leader can make or break an organization. Become a more influential leader by effectively advocating for your ideas and vision.
- Executives and high-level managers in leadership roles
- Professionals responsible for affecting change and driving new initiatives
- High-potential individuals who will assume greater responsibility within their organization
Companies frequently send pairs of individuals, and small teams to this program, as they try to launch and lead new initiatives within their organization. Please contact us if you are interested in sending three or more participants to this program.
About the course
Learn to recognize when change is needed and how to manage and lead change in a collaborative environment. In today’s competitive world, you're faced with the challenge of how to do more with less in an environment where the velocity of change is increasing. The ability of a firm to quickly adapt to changing competitive conditions and to fundamental shifts in labor markets is a very important predictor of success.
Managing People and Leading Teams
Equip yourself with the strategies and the management savvy to foster highly effective communication and collaboration.
Two-Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour lunch break.
- Discard your fear of change and embrace new opportunities for growth Learn how to recognize when changes are needed Capitalize on your leadership skills to implement changes Articulate your new vision to your employees to generate cooperation Appreciate your organization’s culture and use it to implement changes Assess your organization’s success objectively to determine what changes are needed Incorporate temporary employees into your permanent workforce effectively
This class focuses on providing solutions to these organizational challenges:
- What can you and your organization do to create a culture that is change-enabled?
- What skills are essential to lead and manage your team where change is the constant?
- How can you profitably cope within an environment that constantly challenges your ability to adapt quickly?
- How does your organization cope with a changing workforce?
- What new methods exist for recruiting and retaining people who are great at adapting to constant change?
- What makes your organization flexible, adaptive and agile?
- In a fast changing business environment where a new “psychological contract” exists between employers and employees, what can your organization do to succeed and prosper?
- What can you do to generate commitment, loyalty, and performance when everything seems different than it used to be?
Dr. John Daly (Ph.D., Purdue University, 1977) is the Liddell Centennial Professor of Communication, University Distinguished Teaching Professor, TCB Professor of Management, and an Adjunct Professor of Pharmacy. He has published more than one hundred articles and chapters in scholarly publicatio...
Professional Awards Frank M. Merritt Professorship, Georgia Tech College of Management2008 Journal of Management Best Paper Award2009 Making Connections Award, Organizational Behavior Division, Academy of Management2007 Teaching Awards Faculty Honor Roll, McCombs School of Business, UT Aust...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.