Change programmes often fail for a number of reasons, such as, the mismanagement of the human aspects of the change initiative and a failure to deliver on the benefits of the change.
Leading Change is a highly practical programme that provides you with the opportunity to develop an understanding of theoretical models, skills and frameworks to underpin change leadership practice.
What do I get out of it?
This programme will help you to:
- A deep understanding of different theories of change and factors which contribute to leading successful change programmes within organisation contexts
- Identify the prime internal and external drivers of organisational change
- Critical awareness of the key roles, behaviours, and processes in the effective leadership of change
- Opportunity to develop own skills as reflective practitioners of change leadership
- Develop the organisational capacity to lead complex change programmes.
You also have the opportunity to complete the assessment and achieve 15 credits towards the attainment of a PG Certificate in Leadership and Management.
To obtain the full PG Certificate in Leadership and Management, you will need to attend and successfully complete the assessment for Personal Mastery in Leadership (15 credits) and the Strategic Leaders Programme (ILM Level 7) (30 credits). Completion of the Strategic Leaders Programme offers you the additional benefit of gaining an ILM Level 7 qualification.
What does it cover?
- Change theory and practice
- Organisation Development
- Creative cultures and learning organisations
- Change agents - roles and relationships
- Planning and implementation issues
- Evaluating change - successful and unsuccessful change programmes
- Change management tools and techniques e.g. force-field analysis, action planning
Who should attend
Whether you are an aspiring, new or experienced leader, this programme will help you develop your understanding and skills in leading and management change. It is suitable for anyone who is tasked with designing and/or implementing change or who works within a rapidly changing context.