About the course
Gain the tools, techniques and skills required to lead change. The key to thriving as a physician leader is the ability to manage strategic innovation and change. There's a difference between a compelling vision and a burning platform, and leading change versus managing it. This course will provide physician leaders the insights they need to guide their organizations to the forefront of health care innovation.
- The role of the physician executive in leading and managing strategic innovation and change
- The top reasons why organization change efforts fail (and how to prevent them)
- The six steps of the Blueprint of Successful Change Model
- Developing a 30-day, 60-day, and 90-day action plan
- Define the role of the physician executive in leading and managing strategic innovation and change.
- Distinguish between a compelling vision and a burning platform.
- Identify the top reasons organizational change efforts fail and how to prevent failure.
- Describe the six steps of the Blueprint of Successful Change Model.
- Handle resistance, rather than fear or fight resistance.
- Differentiate between leading and managing innovation and change from transition.
- Develop 30-day, 60-day, and 90-day action plans.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.