Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is designed for leaders who want to improve their ability to work in and manage global teams.
- Senior leaders
- Mid-level and team leaders
- Project Managers
About the course
Leading and Managing Globally, a 6-week executive development program, teaches you how to use informal authority to create alignment and change and to lead effectively within a matrixed global organization.
Executives acquire the global mindset and competencies needed to bridge cultural divides, recognize more deeply the sources of organizational power and information flow, and overcome barriers to change.
- Identify sources of informal power and leverage your network of relationships to influence those sources
- Improve management of global virtual teams across cultural, language, and time differences
- Overcome resistance to change and achieve team integration and alignment within complex matrixed structures
- Manage interdependence between organizational units and foster knowledge flows across company silos
- 6 week duration, 30 hours to complete requirements
- 10 hours of on-demand, HD lectures
- Professor interactions, office hours and group learning
- Facilitated intra-company team meetings
- Final Deliverable, which integrates weekly activities
- Optional Issue Forums with leading faculty
After successfully finishing Leading and Managing Globally, participants will receive a dual Certificate of Participation from Yale School of Management and IMD Business School.
PROFESSOR BARON’S RESEARCH INTERESTS include human resources; organizational design and behavior; social stratification and inequality; work, labor markets, and careers; economic sociology; and entrepreneurial companies. Before coming to SOM in 2006, he taught at Stanford's Graduate School of Bus...