Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
In Leadership that Shapes the Future, you will develop the essential leading, planning and influencing skills necessary to create and sustain long-term organizational success. During this interactive three-day seminar, you will learn strategies and methods you can use to become a “transformational leader” — one who enables others, especially peers and subordinates, to transcend self-interest and act for the common good of the organization.
Benefits of attending
Boost your leadership skills in five ways
- Enhance your performance as a leader.
- Examine your assumptions about contemporary leadership challenges, responsibilities and obligations as you gain insight into the role that leaders must play to be agents of change. Become a more influential member of the management team.
- Unleash the true power of your teams.
- Discover the conditions team members need to become high achievers as you learn how to identify and remove causes of failure, from systems to processes to people. Link personal, team and organizational goals to make a stronger impact on the bottom line.
- Shape the future of your organization.
- The most effective leaders and organizations are not simply striving to fulfill or even exceed their customers’ expectations, they are helping them. Learn how effective leaders show customers possibilities they have not even asked for yet.
- Create a custom road map to a high performance culture.
- Determine where your culture stands now, and where it should be if your company is to be successful in five years. Connect your leadership goals to that organizational road map and position yourself as an agent of positive change.
- Create a personal development action plan to generate lasting results.
- Focus on your individual leadership goals and apply your knowledge in the workplace.
Take the next step to achieve your leadership potential. In this three-day seminar, you will learn how effective leaders meet complex challenges to create high performing organizations, and how you can leverage your strengths to drive transformational change.
The Essence of Effective Leadership
- The leader’s critical roles and functions in every organization.
- The leader’s goals: improve performance and quality, increase output, promote pride of accomplishment.
- A model of effective leadership. Integrating the roles of leadership and management.
- How effective leaders link personal and organizational goals.
Building High-Performing Teams
- Developing the talents and potential of others.
- Empowering team members to generate motivation and commitment.
- Organizing team-building activities.
- How organizational culture affects the bottom line.
- Characteristics, strengths and weaknesses of different organizational cultures.
- Assessing your organization’s culture. Leading culture change in your organization.
High Performing Organizations
- The impact of team leadership on business performance.
- Kaizen — the spirit of continuous improvement.
- How effective management of the workforce leads to enhanced productivity and increased profitability.
- Determining how and when to involve others in decisions.
- Assessing your decision-making style.
- Improving employee participation.
- Practical tools for effective decision-making.
Coaching for Performance
- Becoming a developmental manager.
- Obstacles to effective coaching.
- Coaching for performance improvement.
The Leader of the Future
- How the nature of leadership is changing.
- Creating your own personal development action plan.
- Becoming the leader you would follow.
Senior Lecturer, Michael G. Foster School of Business Adjunct Associate Professor, Dept of Psychology Ph.D., Organizational Psychology, University of Washington, 1983 MS, Social Psychology, University of Washington, 1983 MS, Counseling Education, Long Island University, 1978 BBA, Business Admini...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.